Export failed - Find solutions

Hello, this is the problem I have, can you help me please? I can’t export my video :frowning:

plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/FFTW_docs/COPYING’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\FFTW_docs\COPYING”: No se puede encontrar el m�dulo especificado.
plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/FFTW_docs/COPYRIGHT’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\FFTW_docs\COPYRIGHT”: No se puede encontrar el m�dulo especificado.
plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/FFTW_docs/NEWS’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\FFTW_docs\NEWS”: No se puede encontrar el m�dulo especificado.
plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/FFTW_docs/README’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\FFTW_docs\README”: No se puede encontrar el m�dulo especificado.
plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/FFTW_docs/README-bench’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\FFTW_docs\README-bench”: No se puede encontrar el m�dulo especificado.
plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/FFTW_docs/README-WINDOWS’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\FFTW_docs\README-WINDOWS”: No se puede encontrar el m�dulo especificado.
plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/imp_1199.dll’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\imp_1199.dll”: No se puede encontrar el m�dulo especificado.
plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/mbeq_1197.dll’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\mbeq_1197.dll”: No se puede encontrar el m�dulo especificado.
plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/pitch_scale_1193.dll’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\pitch_scale_1193.dll”: No se puede encontrar el m�dulo especificado.
plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/pitch_scale_1194.dll’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\pitch_scale_1194.dll”: No se puede encontrar el m�dulo especificado.
plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/readme_LADSPA_plugins-win.txt’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\readme_LADSPA_plugins-win.txt”:
plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/unins000.dat’: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\unins000.dat”:
[h264 @ 0bcf3dc0] Reinit context to 1920x1088, pix_fmt: yuv420p
[h264 @ 14ee8880] Reinit context to 1920x1088, pix_fmt: yuv420p
[h264 @ 14f817c0] Reinit context to 1920x1088, pix_fmt: yuv420p
[producer avformat] audio: total_streams 1 max_stream 1 total_channels 2 max_channels 2
[AVIOContext @ 05707040] Statistics: 247834 bytes read, 2 seeks
[AVIOContext @ 05707240] Statistics: 247834 bytes read, 2 seeks
[AVIOContext @ 05707480] Statistics: 247834 bytes read, 2 seeks
[libx264 @ 1513a540] using SAR=1/1
[libx264 @ 1513a540] using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX FMA3 BMI2 AVX2
[libx264 @ 1513a540] profile High, level 3.1, 4:2:0, 8-bit
[libx264 @ 1513a540] 264 - core 159 r2999 296494a - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC codec - Copyleft 2003-2020 - http://www.videolan.org/x264.html - options: cabac=1 ref=2 deblock=1:0:0 analyse=0x3:0x113 me=hex subme=6 psy=1 psy_rd=1.00:0.00 mixed_ref=1 me_range=16 chroma_me=1 trellis=1 8x8dct=1 cqm=0 deadzone=21,11 fast_pskip=1 chroma_qp_offset=-2 threads=12 lookahead_threads=2 sliced_threads=0 nr=0 decimate=1 interlaced=0 bluray_compat=0 constrained_intra=0 bframes=3 b_pyramid=2 b_adapt=1 b_bias=0 direct=1 weightb=1 open_gop=0 weightp=1 keyint=125 keyint_min=12 scenecut=40 intra_refresh=0 rc_lookahead=30 rc=crf mbtree=1 crf=23.0 qcomp=0.60 qpmin=0 qpmax=69 qpstep=4 ip_ratio=1.40 aq=1:1.00
[mp3 @ 14f5b680] Skipping 0 bytes of junk at 143146.
[mp3 @ 28ce52c0] Skipping 0 bytes of junk at 143146.
[mp3 @ 5bbaf680] Skipping 0 bytes of junk at 143146.
[producer avformat] audio: total_streams 1 max_stream 0 total_channels 2 max_channels 2
[AVIOContext @ 05707040] Statistics: 262144 bytes read, 0 seeks
[producer avformat-novalidate] D:/music/Fairy Tail S3 - OP4 MORE THAN LiKE.mp3
checking VFR: pkt.duration 0
[producer avformat-novalidate] D:/music/Fairy Tail S3 - OP4 MORE THAN LiKE.mp3
checking VFR: pkt.duration 1
[mp4 @ 15462040] Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers is deprecated, use AVStream.codecpar instead.
[mp4 @ 15462040] Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers is deprecated, use AVStream.codecpar instead.
Failed with exit code -1073741819
Failed with exit code -1073741819

1 Like

You will need to provide more information.

What are your computer specs?

Are you running out of RAM?

How far does the export get before the failure occurs (what percent)?

1 Like

I have the same problem and it happens to me at 72% done, I went to that stage in the timeline, 72% of the video and altered it. I also restarted my computer.

1 Like

Hudson, this is a wonderful compilation - many thanks for the hard work that went into this!

1 Like

i get a timecode error. how do you fix it? i dont see a solution

the same thing happens to me. shotcut uses all my memory and disk

and disk

Get or use a bigger disk; video editing is demanding.

thank you sm

Just wanted to share how I resolved a consistent Export failure with exit code 1073741819. After upgrading from Release 20.10.31 to Release 21.12.24, I got the error with every export. Even with the simplest video and with any of the Export presets I tried, trying various output formats (codecs in the h264_x or libx264 realm), always got the error.

Fixed it with a clean re-install of Shotcut:

• Un-installed the old one (using Windows Settings, Apps)
  • Deleted EVERYTHING from the Shotcut appdata folder. For me it was in C:\Users\ user-id\AppData\Local\Meltytech\Shotcut but may be in a different place on your system
    — Note: this will wipe out your custom presets if you saved any, history, and probably other personalized settings. I had some presets and had to re-create after.
  • Installed the new release. During install, made sure the “Remove Shotcut Settings from Registry” was checked on.

When upgrading the first time, I did not clean out the Shotcut folder or registry, and had the problem. After a clean re-install, export is working again.

It’s not unreasonable to guess there was some setting left over that was incompatible. I have no idea which setting(s) it might have been, but the clean re-install definitely fixed it for me. Hope this is helpful, if you’ve migrated from a previous release.

Thank you, Hudson, for taking the time to write this post. Extremely helpful!

On Windows if a shotcut.exe or melt.exe process is running, possibly hidden in the background, then it locks files that it is using such as DLLs that prevents them from being upgraded. But usually the installer warns you about that.

1 Like

I am trying to export a 3 minute long video. I tried to export it multiple times but it failed. The timestamp it gave me was right where an audio clip that I had sped up a bit started. It’s pretty important that this clip is sped up in my video. I have narrowed it down and that one clip seems to be the only thing that is the problem. I’ve tried slowing it down closer to its normal pace, and right now it’s only at 1.2 speed, but it’s still failing to export. What am I doing wrong? Is this a glitch?

Remove the audio clip completely temporarily just to test export without it and verify that is the source of the problem. Temporarily = do not save project. Export uses the state of the timeline in memory - not saved. If that audio clip is the problem, then select it and use Properties > Convert on it (or another tool to convert to WAV).

I tried taking that single clip and putting it into a new project, but that also immediately fails to export. Is my computer just being a butthole? Could be.

I don’t see a “convert” option anywhere when I click properties.

Hola, mi pc: Core i5 9400, 16 gb ram 2666mhz, 64 bits, intel HD graphics. El video trato de exportarlo a 1280x720p. Llega hasta el 40% y me da un fallo.

Txt.txt (84.8 KB)

My machine’s details: running Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i5-9500 3.00GHz, 16.0GB RAM, Intel UHD Graphics 630. I’ve attached the log. The export fails every time immediately.
log.txt (2.2 KB)

Many thanks for your help.

@Neil the most important line from your log is

[consumer avformat] Could not write header ‘C:/Users/niels/Videos/y.mp4’

That usually means Windows has blocked Shotcut from writing to that file or folder. It could be that the y.mp4 file already exists, and something else has opened and thus locked. Or, it could be Controlled folder access in Windows settings (mentioned in these export help tips somewhere).

Thanks. I’ve given Shotcut folder access now. However, I’m still getting an error. Any thoughts what can be causing this new error?
log.txt (1.7 KB)

My solution was that there was not enough space on the drive I was trying to export to.
Took me a couple of tries and a look at this page before figuring it out.

1 Like