DEADLINE: Please Help - Shotcut Will Not Open

I have a deadline and Shotcut just stopped working. I don’t mind debugging the issue, but I’m really not sure where to even start… Can someone point me in the right direction?

Basically, when I try to open shotcut, just open it, not even open a project, I can see the shotcut icon appear on the screen, and then it shuts down. I don’t get an error message or anything. Because of this I’m not sure how to even start debugging it. Can someone point me in the right direction? It was working great and I have been using it for years, and now this…

Do I need to find some error logs somewhere? Where would they be?

I have a deadline. PLEASE HELP!
Thanks
Rusty

Reboot

3 times.

You did not provide enough information. Like not even which operating system you are using. You can get the app log via info provided on the web site such as FAQ. But I doubt it will help much.
You should also try reinstalling and resetting all of the configuration data (again see the info in the FAQ and elsewhere on the site - the site map helps you find relevant info).

If you have a deadline, and it is not working; you should probably use something else.

As has been pointed out below, when people have to “guess” extremely relevant information such as your operating system and the Shotcut version you are using, you aren’t likely to get the help you might want (you still haven’t provided this either, so that deadline can’t be too close eh :crazy_face:).

With that being said, I’m going to make some assumptions here, and the first is that you are a Windows user. Follow the instructions in this post carefully:

If that doesn’t work then create a new user profile and install fresh on that for testing purposes and report back.

If Shotcut will not open then I would try re-installing it and if you are on a Windows system i would tick the option to clean (remove) the Registry Items.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.