Shotcut incompatible Windows 11

Hello. I have used all display methods. It does not work.

Sorry, this version works without any issues on my Windows 11 system, so I don’t know what else to suggest.

Thank you for your concern. It seems to be a very difficult topic to resolve. I have searched a lot for information on the internet and no answers can be found.
I don’t know if the developers of the program have said anything, however, I see zero concern from those of us who ask about this.
Shotcut is an excellent program and I use it quite successfully in preparing my themes. I’m sorry I can’t do it now on my PC with more capacity. Luckily I have another one with Windows 10, but it is very slow.
I repeat thank you for your effort.
Greetings.

There were some momory leaks fixed in the latest version, but it appears you are already running that version. see here:

It might be worth reverting to the 22.10.25 version and see if that works for you.

Thanks for your reply - happy holidays!

My problems running Shotcut started with version 22.10.25 - which came out the same time my Windows 10 machine decided to upgrade itself to Windows 11 Pro. (That happened when I got a cheap TPM daughter board and plugged it into my old motherboard - but that’s another story).

Although version 22.12 was able to process one of the small test input files (that had previously made Shotcut go nuts consuming memory) o.k., it wasn’t successful at importing a longer (90 minute, 1080x1920) video file - apparently going into a memory consumption loop a few minutes after trying to import the file. So even though they found and fixed some memory leaks, it doesn’t solve this problem for me. Still unknown is why and what Windows 11 may be doing to cause this. Note from the discussions above, nothing really wrong with my hardware configuration - every other video editor I run the same inputs through handles them just fine - and everything else I run on the machine works perfectly, as expected.

I’ve tried going back to several older versions of Shotcut too, but with Windows 11 all of them had the same memory consumption issue that version 22.10.25 and now 22.12 had.

So I’ll hope that they can find some more memory leaks in Shotcut in the future and fix them, since something weird is still going on with these simple file imports to send it into a tail spin on my machine.

Hello. That is exactly what happens to me too. I hope this situation can be resolved.
Greetings.

When you say you have reinstalled several times, have you followed this process to the letter (including registry cleaning and manual folder search and removal)?

If not then that is the first thing to try. Also, do you by chance use grammarly?

Hello. I used Windows uninstaller, ran CCleaner to clean the registry. I don’t know any other method, because I’m not a computer technician. There are probably other methods, but that’s what I’ve done.
I don’t speak English well, I use Google Translate to formulate my queries.

Shotcut has also been working well for me on Windows 11.

I have two suggesions similar ot @PoisonedSlice:

1. Reinstall Shotcut and be sure to check the option to remove registry settings:

1. Make sure that you do not have Grammarly installed. If it is installed, uninstall it. This program has been known to interfere with Shotcut.

Thanks for taking an interest in my case. When installing the application if I check the option to delete the registry settings.
I don’t use Grammarly.
Before posting to the forum, I read the answers I found and took the suggested actions. However, since I couldn’t fix the problem, I made the query in case there was something else. I have not solved the problem.

Well it looks like you’ve taken the generally accepted correct course of action, so good work! I would however encourage you to try uninstalling once more while making sure to manually remove the folders in my link above before doing the reinstall (that folder removal is significant and has helped solve more than one issue).

CCleaner used to be a fantastic piece of software, but imo ever since Avast bought them out things have taken a turn for the worse, and I personally remove it from every windows machine I work on. As an FYI:

This bug (for which there is no solution) is now being tracked in GitHub

Do we just wait?

The problem is that the developers do not experience this issue. So we can not fix it. The best thing we can do is try to provide simple instructions on how to reproduce the issue.

Did you check in the computer settings to make sure it is not installed?

Aplicaciones.txt (10.2 KB)

On very rare occasions, as in the one I linked, this is not enough and you need to manually remove folders. So I will ask again - have you uninstalled and reinstalled following this exact process, including manual folder deletion?

If not, then you please do that first since it is relatively quick and easy.

I installed Shotcut on my new computer with Windows 11 few weeks ago. It worked fine until last week, when after opening Shotcut (clicking on desctop icon as usual) only the taskbar icon appeared and nothing on the screen. Also, when I right-clicked to open the Minimize/Maximize dialog and clicked Maximize, nothing happened. But when I did a PrintScreen, it looked like Shotcut was open on the photo, so it was visible on the screen in the photo, when in fact there is nothing on the screen except the taskbar icon?!

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the application? Were the drivers for the video card automatically updated? I had a problem launching Shotcut, I even wanted to write about it on the forum, but the culprit was a broken video card driver that was installed via automatic system update.

Please do not post to an old, invalid bug report. Of course, it is compatible with Windows 11. So, I am closing this thread. Start a new thread if you continue to have a problem. My suggestion for you is to first, reboot the computer and try again; maybe the GPU driver or Windows 11 was in a bad state. You can also try to reinstall and possibly check the box to remove Shotcut’s settings from the registry.