Shotcut keep crashing frequently

What is your operating system?
W10

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
22.10.25, 64b

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)
Shotcut keeps crashing frequently. No clues in event manager. Not using experimental or not recommended features. Tried all possible tricks from this forum and youtube. Happens with simply tasks on few minutes long videos. Love the program but it’s driving me mad 10 times a day. I am about to give it up. shotcut-log.txt file is always blank.

Not sure what this means.
Perhaps you mean export.

Going to ask a series of questions to help rule out obvious things.

1. How much memory does your computer have?
  2. Are you running Anti-Virus programs? If yes, have you tried turning off Anti-Virus?
  3. What are the specifications of the files you are using? Click on the video clip, then Properties.
  4. What Export preset are you using?
  5. Have you entered into Export - Advanced and changed settings? If so, which ones?
  6. Which filters are you using?

Hi @MiK,
So it happens on more than one video?
Are these videos all taken from the same device (e.g. your phone)? Can you please give video specs. Clicking on the video and then selecting the properties tab inside shotcut will help with that.
What specific simple tasks are you doing when the crashes happen? For instance, does it usually crash when you are working with filters; is it text related, or when adding a transition, or perhaps even splitting the video, when exporting, or all of these things? Some actual examples of when the program borks would be useful.

I meant short tasks like cutting of shot video shot with my lamax cam (.mov).

1. 32G
  2. Windows Defender only
  3. will check
  4. exporting is ok, it crashes while moving video on timeline etc.
  5. none

H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)
3840x2160
30fps
I don’t think it’s filters related. It crashes when doing simple things like moving video on timeline, splitting, etc…

OK thank you. I recall seeing something about a timeline issue when dragging from the playlist but that doesn’t seem to be your only trigger.

Did this start when you upgraded to a newer version? I’m guessing it hasn’t always been the case based on your original post. The first thing to do - if you haven’t already - is follow the below re-installation process to the letter (including manual folder deletion and registry cleaning).

If that doesn’t work, try reverting to a previous version, at least for diagnostic purposes to see if the problem still exists. 22.09.23 seemed quite stable, but if you remember a version that gave no trouble use that.

Did a previous version work better for you? (Problems starting after an upgrade.)
I do not experience this, but I know Shotcut does not work well on all computers. You can try changing Settings > Display Method. Sometimes that helps.

If you have “GPU Effects” (or its translated equivalent) at the top of Settings, that is an unsupported option and probably the cause.

Guys, I am sorry to say that- even more seeing how much you have been helpful giving free support- but life is to short and I feel I have already spent much time and nerves with that (that saving paranoia built playing some pc games at 90s came back quickly :D). I switched to different (payed) product and no crashes at all.