Your YouTubeChannel - Follow-On

Nice use of Shotcut for the slow mo, fast forward, background music, text banners, etc. Good luck with your channel!

1 Like

Iā€™ve already touted my channel above a few weeks ago but Iā€™m trying to refine my colour grading skills. It seems to be a bit of a dark art! However, Iā€™ve been playing with my new DJI Mavic Air 2 (after my last drone fell in the sea!) and getting used to the footage from that. So, if anyone has any feedback on my latest video, especially with the colour mixes, then that would be nice. ; :wink:

I had a lot of different lighting conditions but Iā€™m fairly happy with the end result overall. Let me know what you think!

Frustratingly, I mixed in a little handheld footage but then realised afterwards that I was dealing with two different framerates which didnā€™t end up great so lesson learnt and I wonā€™t be doing that againā€¦

4 Likes

Looks good! You definitely have a ā€œLookā€ on your color grade. The colors almost matched all the way through, except for the water sports part. It is very cinematic looking. Great job!

1 Like

Thanks a million for the nice feedback Ben. I knew the water ski part was a bit different but I just couldnā€™t resist lifting the sea up to give it that tropical look! Reassuring to get the rest of your comments.

I also just stumbled across your YouTube channel and there are some great Shotcut Tutorials there so that was a nice bonus. Well done - very professional. :metal:

1 Like

Thanks for the support! Keep making videos!

This is my first post on the forum.

YouTube Channel Bio

Quick Bits is a YouTube channel that specializes in computer software, cloud computing & hardware reviews on Microsoft Windows & Linux operating systems.

YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/QuickBits

I also have a gaming channel here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCjD3rRRkmLWOLdjmP7n23Q

I have been using Shotcut from the every start of my YouTube journey.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Quick Bits

2 Likes

I really like the very first time-laps or overlay like filter - very cool.
Where can i get those?

The others look like special video filters with different overlay mode/ emboss filters i know from photoshop.
Very cool!

Diese Vielfahrerei nur mal eben um die Ecke zum BƤcker und Briefkasten muƟ aufhƶren! Und Corana zeigt uns, das es oft auch anders geht. Gerade der Berufsverkehr kann deutlich reduziert werden!

The first filter is Baltan.
Also used Sobel, Posterize and Emboss.
Posterize is included in the latest Shotcut distribution.

Baltan, Sobel, and Emboss can be found here.

5 Likes

Thanks, sauron.
Oh, there is so much more to look into :slight_smile:
I have no idea what to do with this files - is there an instruction how to use them?

See this for install instructions.

4 Likes

A setup Tour Video which I edited using Shotcut and a Setup which runs Shotcut. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you - works like a charm.
With the emboss filter you can create more detail/depth to your clip:
Copy clip on the track above, apply emboss and set blend mode to overlay or burn to your liking.
Would be great if we could adjust the layer density for each track or for each clip.
Could be added in the filter ā€œblendā€ :slight_smile:

Hi all,
Sharing my first posting in Blender Community site with a simple instruction based tutorial.
I will continue to do 3D / animation with Blender and promote Shotcut as my video editor of choice that is can make high quality video and has excellent support even for an open source tool !!

I will improve further this instruction based with more video instead of words. Also slow down the frame to allow those interested to try out on Blender to read out.

Any suggestion on improving making tutorial type of video is appreciated using shotcut.

Enjoy.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been posting my musical efforts on YouTube for quite some time using various editors. So far I havenā€™t adopted ShotCut full time but I think the time may be coming.

My Hawaiian slack key guitar channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/franguidry/videos

I also do a techie channel with acoustic guitar, video, and recording stuff: https://www.youtube.com/user/homebrewedmusic

I have blogs associated with both channels, and I featured ShotCut in one of my blog posts a few years ago: http://www.homebrewedmusic.com/2017/08/06/can-shotcut-cut-a-lampg-video/

Iā€™ve been really impressed with the creativity shown in this thread and generally associated with ShotCut.

Fran

Dear Shotcutters! Thanks for beeing part of such a nice community :unicorn:.

and thats mine (chat, music, minimalism-slapstick):

btw: I use Shotcut for video and Ardour for audio(mastering).

1 Like

Hello creators! I made a music video for my band.
I appreciate Shotcut gave me ability to do this free. Such a nice program.
My favorite filter is Old film Projector.

8 Likes

I was always fascinated by this song when I was a child, so today I put it on stage in a completely new way.

Kraftwerk ā€œThe Robotsā€ has been deconstructed and reconstructed in all its details and provided with a new contemporary German text by myself.

My virtual Synth has a totally renewed design and the light effects are made with SHOTCUT.

You can hear this song without wearing a mask! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi! :smile:

I would like to use the opportunity to draw your attention to a live stream from me (no microphone, no webcam, 21:9 :slight_smile: ). It starts at 20:00 (German Summer Time).
I will work on my latest video, but we can try new things together.

The motto:
Video editing - As usual and with new horizons
We love making videos

You can find me here: Earlybite on YouTube

:smile:

1 Like

hey, that is very nice, if you will make a youtube channel, count me in as a subscriber :slight_smile: video editing is very interesting, good luck