V20.10 BETA now available for test

I hope everyone realizes how much code Dan has slung in the last 24 hours to make all these personal wish lists come true. Do programmers get wings from Red Bull too? I need whatever he’s drinking.

These have all been very welcome changes and I look forward to the release!

3 Likes

@shotcut, I just found the trigger to a bug that’s been annoying me for months now! :sunglasses:

There are some times when you drag a file from the file manager directly to the timeline where it will be rejected by Shotcut and you get a dialog saying that it failed to open that file. Well, after months of this being a mystery I just discovered that this happens when the file name has a comma ( , ) in it. :smirk: That’s it. One comma is all it takes.

The latest build that just went up has a major regression. Now any files dragged from the file manager to the timeline freezes Shotcut up.

Well said @austin! I was just about to say something similar in appreciation of the dedication Dan gives to this project… Awesome!

2 Likes

A present for Dan … :wink:

Coffe cup image

This is fixed.

Now any files dragged from the file manager to the timeline freezes Shotcut up.

And this.

1 Like

From master version, i cant never open .webm file. Im not request it, im just report it since i cn always convert my webm to mp4 to be edited later

Webm works just fine for me. Oh, I bet you are using AV1 WebM, and that is not yet supported and never has been.

BETA 2

I have just published a beta 2 version 20.10.24 and updated the link in the top post to it as well. The beta period was always supposed to last until October 30, and that was fixed in the top post as well. I do not expect to make nearly as many changes as I did this past week. Now, only the most severe regression bugs will be addressed before release on either 30 or 31.

• When you drag a VRF file from the file manager directly to the timeline, the Convert to Edit-friendly dialog comes up twice regardless if you press OK or Cancel.

• When you pick Pad Blur in the Sliedshow Generator, the filter that is used is “pillar_echo” which has no parameters rather than Blur: Pad.

This only happens on an empty project, minor, and will not be fixed now. I will put it into a branch for the next version after 20.10.

When you pick Pad Blur in the Sliedshow Generator, the filter that is used is “pillar_echo” which has no parameters rather than Blur: Pad.

This is an easy fix I made for new slideshows. I will not be adding code to fix existing projects due to the risk.

Please only report critical bugs in this thread from now. I will not be responding to anything I consider minor from here on.

v.20.10.24

The bug is back … it appears that creating a black colour clip from the pallette still results in a transparent clip.

Open other > colour.
Colour
Select the black square (top left) from the pallette
Ok
Ok

I thought it had been fixed but apparently not. Thanks!

As @Hudson555x pointed out last time, selecting “pick colour” first then black square works OK.

Other colours work OK.

It is not back; it works the same way as v20.09.27. It is not the same bug as reported before with color selection. It only changes the alpha from 0 to 255 when the color has changed. When you click the black square it does not think the color has changed because it has not - transparent is black with alpha 0. The color blocks in the Windows color dialog do not define an alpha value, and we do not make the dialog. If you want opaque black you can do what you did as a workaround, or simply enter 255 into Alpha. I can add a Black preset, but I am not changing any logic in this area.

OK thanks, I just thought it would confuse users. I notice it confused @bentacular for a moment at 3:52 in his tutorial as well HERE

1 Like

Yeah. I always thought that top left square is black.

I did too. Hope you didn’t mind me mentioning that portion of your tutorial to Dan …

1 Like

I will make a change for the version after 20.10. This is not a regression from 20.09.27 and far from critical.

No worries!

Fine, and thanks for considering it! PS Thanks also for the keyboard shortcut for Center the Playhead, I’m toggling it on and off all the time…