V20.10 BETA now available for test

Apply the Size, Position & Rotate filter to a video. Distort the video like in the example below:

Now go to zoom parameter and try to crank it all the way to a 1000%. Shotcut will crash.

This is fixed for the release.

Not a bug as such but a question about Edit Friendly & Proxy files

I have use Proxy enabled.

Just opened a file and it has automatically made a proxy as expected.
It also recommended making an edit friendly version, which I accepted.

The Playlist now shows both the proxy version and the edit friendly versions.
Just closed both files and opened the -converted version and shotcut has made a proxy of this.

Am I correct in understanding that the Proxy version is only used for editing and that the Edit Friendly version only used for exporting?

If not, then it may be sensible to delay the proxy creation until after the edit friendly version has been created.

Using Shotcut 20-10-30 portable.

It depends on which file was added to the timeline - original or converted. Generally speaking - if not interrupted somehow - after the convert job completes it replaces the original everywhere. That process might kick off another proxy.

If not, then it may be sensible to delay the proxy creation until after the edit friendly version has been created.

These processes do not know anything about each other, and the user may choose not to convert, and there are some cases where the convert dialog does not appear immediately. The convert dialog is triggered by the Properties dialog when a clip is selected. So, this request/suggestion will likely not happen.