V20.10 BETA now available for test

Rules of Participation (Important)

• This version is primarily a technology and build system update and is light on improvements and fixes.
  • We are only interested in major regressions over the latest version v20.09.27.
  • Do not report about existing bugs that have not been indicated as fixed by this version.
  • The beta period will end October 30.
  • Provide all feedback as a reply within this thread or as a GitHub Issue.
    If using a GitHub issue, make sure you indicate the version.

Download

Get the beta release from this GitHub page that also includes the list of fixes, changes, and additions.

Thank You For Your Help!

1 Like
  • The Scroll to Playhead on Zoom isn’t really working for me and I tried zooming with both Ctrl and the magnifying glass icons. It pretty much makes no difference selecting it or not.

• When you cut a clip that has like a vertical aspect ratio that has Blur: Pad applied, the Position and Size parameters of the next clip are reset to cover the whole screen rather than stay on the default which is of the aspect ratio of that clip.

• For Text: Rich, how about Ctrl+Shift+V as the shortcut key for “Paste Text Only”?

• The menu that shows up when you right click in the VUI for Text: Rich menu is not showing up.

What’s the Invert audio filter supposed to do?

Although you have it in the beta notes that you added VUI help tips, I think it’s still a good idea for the release notes of the final release to specifically mention the new shortcut key functions for controlling the filters with VUI especially Shift to drag. The Shift to drag one is going to mean a lot for many.

It works for me, but it will not be centered; it will simply be within view.

For Text: Rich, how about Ctrl+Shift+V as the shortcut key for “Paste Text Only”?

not possible

The menu that shows up when you right click in the VUI for Text: Rich menu is not showing up.

This is fixed now. You can fix your local copy by deleting the file
Shotcut\lib\qml\QtQuick\Controls\Private\EditMenu_base.qmlc
(but not the .qml file!)

What’s the Invert audio filter supposed to do?

https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/invert.html

I think it’s still a good idea for the release notes of the final release to specifically mention the new shortcut key functions for controlling the filters with VUI especially Shift to drag.

Added shift dragging; that is the only new one.

The whole point is to have it center on the playhead as you zoom in. If it’s still off to the side after zooming then you still have to scroll manually and that’s not an improvement. The expected behavior is that as you keep zooming in the playhead is centered more and more.

And there are times when I have zoomed in with Scroll to Playhead turned on and the playhead was still out of view. Here’s a demo. I first demonstrate that it still goes out of view first with the zoom bar then after that with Ctrl + scroll wheel.

OK, those changes and fixes are made.

Hello. For information, always the same issue for me… :frowning:
[Warning] mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen D:\Downloads\shotcut-win64-201018\Shotcut\lib\mlt/libmltavformat.dll (“D:\Downloads\shotcut-win64-201018\Shotcut\lib\mlt\libmltavformat.dll”: Le module specifie est introuvable.)

I found and fixed a bug where the database for storing the cache of thumbnails and waveforms was not getting used.

@shotcut, can I just confirm that the zoom behaviour has been changed to centered ? I really hope so. The “Scroll to Playhead on Zoom” is an improvement but I agree with @drm that the logical zoom behaviour would be to end up with the playhead centered.
If the playhead ends up still in view but off to the right, I invariably have to use the wheel to get my workflow focus to the centre. This is a really annoying thing to have to do when doing a lot of zooming with a complex timeline, working at speed. Thank you.

yes

2 Likes

Yesss!! Thank you so much! :smile: :+1: :+1:

I got this working and added it.

2 Likes

Brightness Filter problem

V1 Open Other Colour - set to blue
V2 Video Clip - Added Crop and Size/Position Rotate filters.
decide to adjust brightness, so added brightness filter.
With it active V2 content disappears, just the V1 colour shows through.
Tried different filter order and turning off the other filters

Update:

Turning off V1, setting the background of the crop and size filters to blue gives the same effect but now the brightness filter works, but only if it is the last/bottom filter.

Brightness filter works on the whole track including the background. Unfortunately I only need it on the original video and not the background. :frowning:

This is fixed for the next version.

1 Like

Anyone can get nightly builds for Windows and Linux from our GitHub Actions (look for “Artifacts”) to test updated betas. It is not recommended outside of beta periods.

How exactly? I don’t see how to download it.

1 Like

You have to be signed in to GitHub to download the files.

1 Like

@shotcut, did you reproduce this bug:

• When you cut a clip that has like a vertical aspect ratio that has Blur: Pad applied, the Position and Size parameters of the next clip are reset to cover the whole screen rather than stay on the default which is of the aspect ratio of that clip.

YES! thank you!

It’s working better when the zoom is done with Ctrl + mousewheel but not when the zoom bar is used. The zoom bar is still having the issues that I showed in the demo I linked to.

Also, when I try to change the font of the text in Text: Rich it just stays as is and doesn’t change.