Report a problem or bug here. The more “likes” that a bug receives (using the heart icon), the higher priority it receives. You can also post a bug to GitHub and/or post a link from a GitHub bug here along with a brief description (no need to repost full details). Bugs reported or mentioned here will get a higher priority than those on GitHub (a perk of patronage).
Tips to Make a Good Bug Report
A good bug report makes it much more likely a developer will take a look at it. We really need to reproduce it so that we can know if we have fixed it.
- What is the version of Shotcut (see Help > About Shotcut), and what OS are you using?
- If it is a crash, is it repeatable? Does it only occur in your project, or can you make it occur starting fresh?
- What are the steps to reproduce the problem? Consider making a screencast video to demonstrate it.
- Or, what are the set of conditions under which it occurs? Is there another condition under which it does not occur? That can be an extremely helpful detail.
- Logs and crash dumps are usually not beneficial - wait until we ask for that.
- If you still have a previous version or can recall from memory… is this problem new with the version you are reporting?