A few ideas for Shotcut/MLT

If any of these already exist tell me and I will remove.
Ideas:

• (roadmap) Reverse clips, maybe by negative speed
  • Changing audio volume in a clip (like fading volume up/down to a specific decibel amount instead of going all the way to full or no audio
  • (roadmap) Preview project in fullscreen
  • Make text move across the clip
  • Add text as a seperate clip like Title in Premiere or at least make text go in front of everything (but keep the one we have now)
  • Blur faces and objects
  • Change crossfade without losing any of the clip
  • Remove Herobrine
1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions. We appreciate the thought you’ve put into this. I’ll try to go down through most of the list and hopefully give you more info.

(roadmap) Reverse clips, maybe by negative speed

Not sure when this will be released, but a few tricks/workarounds have been posted here.

Make text move across the clip

Generally, I think the important part here is just clips moving on the screen. Highly requested feature, and first priority on the road map. Related forum topics are here (see keyframe events), and here. Although I’m sure you know how important this feature is, but it will take time to implement.

Add text as a seperate clip like Title in Premiere or at least make text go in front of everything (but keep the one we have now)

Actually already possible in Shotcut but slightly confusing. Read how here.

Blur faces and objects

Another interesting feature I’d never heard requested before. A blur filter exists already but that’s for the whole clip, not selected parts of it. Probably won’t be released soon though, because the of the “selecting” aspect of it. That would require a whole new complicated process in and of itself.

Remove Herobrine

:smirk:

Hello, please make “selectable” effect shapes like box, elipse for filters like blur etc. with customizable position, scale with keyframes. We sometimes need blur someones face or car number plate in videos.

It will be killer feature for your editor because Kdenlive can’t do that right now (no free/open-source video editor can do that!) and almost all paid video editors can do that very easily - Adobe Premiere, PowerDirector, Davinci Resolve, etc…

1 Like

@Bugs Appreciate the feedback, and I agree these would be great features, but in my previous comments I emphasized that I don’t know if or when they would be implemented.

I don’t write or work on the program itself, I just try to help out in the forum and work through bug reports, sorry. :frowning: