Your YouTubeChannel - Follow-On

Just finished a premiere for me: green screen (Chroma Key: Simple) + 1080p60fps. It’s an old-school “tribute to” using green screen, vignette, crop, size-position, sharpen, mirror, av/v fade-in, a/v fade-out, text, opacity, brightness, hue/lightness/saturation, audio bass-treble, audio gain. I’ve chosen 60fps to have a very smooth face morphing (done with FantaMorph). The heaviest used filter was vignette: once to create a directional light effect on the picture frame and wall, second to create a depth effect “inside” the picture frame, and the last one applied on morphed picture to cover the background distortion made by morphing process and to create a common background for all pictures used in morphing.

P.S as technical feedback, the most CPU consuming filters were chroma, size and position, sharpen. Overall, the exporting process took ~35 mins, definitely due to the high resolution and fps.

5 Likes

Hello to all in the Shotcut forum.
I’ve used the program for about a year but in a very limited way. The last video has expanded on that and got me quite excited about the possibilities!
I work as Art Dept in the film industry in the UK which helps explain the latest video on my channel.
You can see it here if you wish.

Thanks in advance for all the help. I hope to be popping in regularly.
All the best,
Tuff. x

1 Like

Added a new update Tutorial for Shotcut (GER):

Love the video - very clever use of morphing. The credits at the end could do with just a little bit more display time, had to back-up to read them fully. Very good work though.

1 Like

Thanks, @Elusien :slight_smile:

You’re right about duration being too short. I think it’s due to the fact that generally I’m much more tempted to make short, fast cuts/sequences, than longer ones - and that, involuntary, applies to the credits too :blush: Somehow, I have the feeling that - if well done - short sequences keeps me, the viewer, more focused and alert than the longer ones.

To make my point - below is my first Shotcut “project”, ~45 seconds only, I think the average cut duration it’s less than two seconds; here Shotcut was underused as video editor - mostly for cut/join - but more as a sound one, I “zoomed” the original audio in order to crop it to create a loop - and it performed well, you cannot distinguish the sound cut/join points (funny combination, though, aggrotech + well, George Michael). I had fun making it, the ending makes me laugh always, and I spent - quite hard to believe - about one week to complete it. And I love the black cat :laughing:

2 Likes

This is the latest one, Atari Baby - it’s rather a theme than a story. Technically, the only “fancy” thing is the intro, I tried to make it Chris Carter’s 1996 Millennium-style: exported the first frame of the clip as .png, then imported it in the project, played as a still for few seconds with a fade-out from a full white color and a slight vignette. Oh, and there is a post-credits “ending” - enjoy it:

2 Likes

Ha ha, I was wondering if “Atari Baby” would be a reference to the Sigue Sigue Sputnik song! Now you have me interested in this show.

Thank you, everyone, for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you (the whole team) for Shotcut! :two_hearts:

P.S As off-topic, if you like Isaac Asimov cyborg stories, then definitely you will enjoy the movie, there aren’t too many around (Blade Runner, I Robot, A.I are the only ones I know). They didn’t have too much of a budget (they don’t have enough to buy the rights for using the Terminator term, to buy the rights for Brad Fiedel’s original soundtrack, even for a Johnny Cash insert song - The Man Comes Around - they didn’t have enough, but were lucky because somebody from TSCC were friends with Johnny’s family and they granted them the rights for free) but the bad was for good, they were able to hire good directors (HBO: band of Brothers, HBO: The Pacific, HBO: Game of Thrones) and to focus mainly on the story, less to CGI - even the special effects (those with make-up) are great - and to find clever solutions to overcome the budget constraints - see the Johnny Cash sequence below.

Johnny Cash in What He Beheld ending

Thank you for Shotcut
My Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/MrKamiGeek/featured
and I have a playlist of tutorial in french for Shotcut
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaD00K3WnWrQBqN3yImwdz8au_GZtUSUs

1 Like

Just tried something new in Shotcut: image sequence. 17,500 (7.5 GB) to be more precise :grin: It’s also my first Google Earth Studio project, a fly over mountainous Sinaia town in Romania. I’ve chosen this widescreen (“anamorphic”?) format because I think it suits better landscape imagery. Hope you will enjoy it.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s superb! You did that with 17,500 images as an image sequence? :smiley::+1::+1:

Thanks a lot, Jon, glad you liked it! :hugs: Yes, I did that, but not that I wanted or expected that, just because this is how Google Earth Studio works - you specify how many fps you want for your project (60 in my case) and then it generates a JPEG image for each frame and put all together in a ZIP. I didn’t know Shotcut supports this image sequence feature - which in itself was something new for me - but I’ve googled and there I found the “image sequence” property in image Properties. And it worked like a charm :heart:

Well I never - that’s pretty cool!! :smile: I’ve liked your video - because I like it!!:laughing:

That is extremely well done! I’ve also been using the image sequence feature too with most of my videos lately too, though not quite to that level of art. That was beautiful.

I’ve been making videos on my channel with Shotcut for a couple of years now, my channel is another gaming channel. I take footage from games and livestreams that I do, and edit them down and add animations to each video to make it look like my friend and I are playing together. Something I just do for fun.

I’ve recently started using the image sequence feature to compile my animated cutscenes, and I’ve really been enjoying keyframes when needed. So nice to be completely out of Premiere.

2 Likes

What an awesome work! :sunny:

This is my way to erase multiple clips at once:

1 Like

Moon sequence done with Google Earth Studio.

10 Likes

LOVE IT!! Such fun - hey, you added a Dr. Who Tardis!! Really creative and enjoyable. Fantastic job, @sauron. :laughing::+1::+1:

I use shotcut to edit my gaming videos to post it on YouTube.
And I always try to add new shotcut features in my vidoes.I learnt lot of them here on forum, shotcut community is really helpful.

Here’s my YouTube link,hope you like/learn something new :blush:

www.youtube.com/honeybadgergamiing

Hi,

please let me introduce a new video on Youtube…

Why She

Of course made with Shotcut. :slight_smile:
I’m curious how it cuts off on you! :slight_smile:

Best regards

2 Likes