Your YouTubeChannel - Follow-On

One more thing: browsing the forum, I’ve observed @Elusien is a member (I should have expected!) to whom I owe a big, special thanks for his JS and tutorials about how to create nice rolling credits in Shotcut, so I post below an older clip to show the result.

I’m not a big fan of visible ostensible use of filters, rather I prefer to use them discretely in order to enhance the story. From this point of view, this clip is the most “filtered” to-date: alongside slo-mo, fade-in/out, dissolve, HSL adjustments, overlay text, there is:

• old-movie effect, at 1:33; tried to create the 1920’s, manual cranking movie look from a “making of” with the writer’s room clip: so alongside the old movie effects combined, the clip is also a bit sped-up, a bit blurred, reduced contrast, applied an white alpha overlay, together with a sepia tone.

• scrolling credits over slideshow at 2:26: here I made a dissolve slideshow where images are a bit glowed, darkened, aligned to the left and a vignette applied in order not only to create a Rembrandt-esque dark look, but also to make room on right for Elusien rolling credits.
    Bottom line, I really liked how the ending got. Like in “resurrection” above, the YouTube subtitles (CC) I made them using SubtitleWorkshop.

Again, thanks a lot - to both Shotcut devs and Elusien!

4 Likes

I like what you did with the filters - subtle yet effective.

Thanks for your comments. I spend more time these days “adding value” to Shotcut, with filters and frameworks, than actually using it to edit videos! :grinning:

It’s great to be able to use my rusty old programming skills to produce something that is useful to so many people - glad to hear you are one of them. It has given me something to do here in Cyprus while waiting for the rain to stop - wettest winter in 100 years but summer is finally here!

1 Like

It’s too bad the PTB at Fox cancelled the show. TSCC was a fine show.

1 Like

Long may it continue, @elusien! Keep 'em coming!

Really nice scrolling credits, @AmperSand. Good work…

1 Like

Hello “Shotcutters”,

I began to create Tutorials for German users, because german and new Tutorials of SHOTCUT are very rare, especially for the nowerly latest Version in 2019.

Enjoy and hang on! :wink:

2 Likes

Nice thread, definetly checking out some channels! I have two myself, one focused on selfimprovement: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm1mDSd6H-CUI8OphbSaPuA

And a reddit channel (my latest video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt0H1Gd3Mo0)

Would love if anyone cared to check me out! :smiley:

Hey everyone :smile: !
I uploaded my newest two videos and think I am ready to introduce my channel:

The first ones were rather a test because i started video and audio editing two months ago, so really a newbie.
My content is about educational and/or political topics and I am doing rather extensive research beforehand.
Depending on the topic I am creating two language versions, namely English and Swiss German.
I am really thankful for the developers and the helpful community around Shotcut - I don’t think I would be able to get to this level without all the tips and tutorials.

3 Likes

Oh, wow, it’s a great short! Very good work, congrats!

1 Like

Because somebody asked me by PM how I counted the occurences in Notepad, here is the explanation, in case it’s useful:

First, I didn’t use the native Notepad, but the more powerful freeware Notepad++.
There, since even Notepad++ doesn’t provide the occurence count of a highlighed term, I used the “replace” trick:

• press Ctrl+H to open the Replace dialog
  • in “Find what:” paste <producer id="producer
  • in “Replace with:” type anything you want (or leave it empty, doesn’t matter)
  • check “Match case” and “Wrap around” checkboxes
  • press “Replace All” button:
  • in the dialog’s status bar you’ll see: “Replace All: xxx occurences were replaced

Important is to undo after that - or don’t save or, better, work on a copy of .mlt.
Hope it helps.

This is not correct, it does provide a count mechanism.

• Highlight the word/phrase you want to count.
  • Press CTRL-F (for find)
  • Press the “Count” button - see image below
  • The number is given at the bottom of the box.

2 Likes

Hahaha, I swear I never observed this! I need better glasses :blush:
Thanks a lot, Elusien!

@AmperSand - Have you tried Atom? If yes, any reason you prefer Notepad ++ ? (just curious)

@DBP I’m not very deep in text editing, and usually I’m looking for alternative apps when the one I’m currently using lacks a feature I need - and it’s not the case of Notepad++ which I’m using it since its inception, I guess.

A tribute to one of the best albums ever made by one of the best bands ever

13 Likes

I like the bass line, it looks fun.
As always, an effective and original combination of filters in Shotcut. :+1:
Thank you for sharing this. :grinning:

Hi @sauron - I like it so I liked it …:smiley::smiley:
Nice work!

I found the song and I still have to improve.

I firmly believe that each of us needs a specific kind of imagination in order to create/describe something - I’m saying this because even I’m considering myself as having a very rich imagination, beat me, I wouldn’t be able to do such composion in 1000 years! Great work, @sauron, thanks for sharing!

P.S My favorite visual effect moment is one very humble: the emboss at 3:07; I don’t know why, I guess my subconscious associate it with a stone wall, lasting.

P.S.2 In '80s we were hunting the black market for vinyls - you weren’t allowed to listen Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Queen… DAF, Sex Pistols, KISS, Black Sabbath? You could go straight to jail…

1 Like

That one took a bit of effort to get right.:slightly_smiling_face:

If you appreciate Floyd watch this video. David Gilmour in Pompeii 2016 performing Run Like Hell. Excellent light show.

Dave Gilmour in Pompeii

1 Like

I didn’t know about it, enjoyed it this morning (at work! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) amazing, indeed! I still find myself in awe everytime when I see these big bands how much… hardware they carry to put such live show - think Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Jean-Michel Jarre - the keyboardists buried in keyboards, drummers buried in drumsets, quite surreal :heart_eyes:
Thanks for the clip!