Your YouTubeChannel - Follow-On

Although I started my modest channel editing the videos with commercial software since I discovered Shotcut I have not used another video editor.
My Channel on YouTube is a channel to share my progress playing the bass (sometimes the guitar).
The usefulness of my channel is, mainly, to share in a forum specialized in the Ubisoft Rocksmith game.
I create other videos by testing filters in Shotcut, but since they are not related to the rest of the contents of the Channel, I have hidden them.
Surely I should create another channel for this, however, it is not a priority now for me.
This Channel is not a great thing, because the content is monolithic, but it serves my purposes.

1 Like

They are not hidden at all. You can find them if you search the forum.
They are also available here.
:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

I assumed that looking for these names, associating with word filter and Shotcut, would give some result (in the forum in some search engine).
It was just a teasing way to break the ice.:grin:
I hope I did not bother with my comment.
Sometimes jokes are not the same depending on the language.
Thanks for the link Sauron.

Not at all.:smile:

:+1:

Here’s my channel. Every video has been made using Shotcut. I love how easy it was to use from a complete beginner standpoint. Transitions are easy to make, you can add a music track and clip the DB at -12 or whatever you want, change the contrast or colour grade the entire track or just a clip, so convenient and free.

2 Likes

And this is my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgUEZpCetxa6qUjC5ZxQP6g and this is the first video I made with Shotcut, the one that gave me troubles as I explained here: Can't export video and qmelt.exe problem

More informations here: http://www.humananatura.altervista.org/

2 Likes

@mikros FYI, when trying to play your embedded video, we get the message “Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner.”

1 Like

Oh, thanks! I think I solved now, can you give me a feedback? TIA

Plays fine now.

1 Like

Plays now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks guys! :grinning:

I enjoyed it as I liked the Koyaanisqatsi and Powisqatsi movies!

1 Like

Hi everyone!
I am Doggybag Productions.
And I just uploaded my very first YouTube video, called: Hatching With Vectors. Proudly done with Shotcut of course. The assets were done with Inkscape.

I hope you’ll like it

Hatching_thumbn_400w

I liked the dark theme in Inkscape.
I’m a little rusty in this. I must update myself.
Thank you for sharing this.

Hey ejmillan!

I am glad you liked it. I just applied it about 10 days ago.
It’s a Global Theme in Linux Mint 19, called Adapta-Nokto.

Cheers!

Even if it’s off-topic, I finally found a dark theme for Inkscape 0.92.4 (in Windows 10).
Ideal to avoid sight fatigue.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Hi @DBP, I enjoyed your tutorial - so I gave you a like :+1:
Ah, hatching as in cross-hatching … when I saw the title I thought it might be about eggs :grin:

Your voice is crystal clear - good sound quality and clearly spoken. You might like to check at 3:39 though - your voice cuts off briefly.

Can I ask what screen capture program you used? Also the movie-style credits are really smooth. Did you use the built -in scrolling credits generator in SC, or a transparent png, with size and position filter? Or maybe Elusien’s movie style credits generator?
Thanks!

Thanks for the link @ejmillan - will download that.

1 Like

It is a pity that Inkscape does not include the configuration of the dark system theme.
In each reinstallation, we have to copy-paste the files again.
I tried this dark theme and the icon collection and it works well.:slightly_smiling_face:

Hi jonray,

Thanks for the Like :slight_smile:

And thank you for the complement on the clear sound. You may find it surprising that I don’t use a professional microphone. Just a simple mobile app called Audio Recorder (Android). Then I Normalize the audio with Audacity. That’s it!
Thanks a million for the audio problem! I’ll fix it right away!

This last time I used OBS to capture the video. Next time though, I will try Vokoscreen. It seems highly recommended. And it has a very simple interface. The main reason I want to try it, is because I need a way to highlight the mouse cursor, so viewers can easily follow it. Vokoscreen can also display any keyboard keys you press, so that’s good too. I didn’t see how to do that with OBS. I know there are many solutions for Windows, but I didn’t see one for OBS in Linux.
As for the scrolling credits, no generators, just an animated PNG. Yes, with S&P.