Your YouTubeChannel - Follow-On

@Cagier - Wow!!! This is professional!!

If I’m going to be very picky, I noticed a small thing that can be improved. Try not to make abrupt changes to the altitude or camera angle while recording drone shots.

For example, at:
00:12 This is a beautiful shot, but the few sudden changes in drone altitude spoil the otherwise smooth flow
00:33 The angle of the camera suddenly moves to the left before the clip ends, which feels off on this otherwise straight-line great clip
00:37 The camera is initially rotating around the people, which looks great. But around 00:44 it suddenly starts moving away, which feels like a bit of a disconnect from the earlier rotation

Do keep in mind I am being very picky here - all in all it’s an amazing, professional video! Great job @Cagier!!!

It IS a dark art.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj6fiY9CB88tPiFWhT9ikAw :slight_smile:

Hi!

I would also like to draw your attention to my YouTube channel:

BTW: On Twitch I’m “sometimes” streaming… :slight_smile:

Best regards

1 Like

With YouTube, one never knows.

Hundreds of hours of recording and editing, years of work, and only middling success.

Then, today, slap together a quick edit in Shotcut, just for the other Shotcut forum folks (and as a “Thank you” to the Shotcut developers) upload it, and I am watching it take off like a rocket.

3 Likes

Same thing happened to me on my channel. A whole year’s worth of videos and nothing, then the algorithm picked it up

2 Likes

What I am laughing at today is…

“Of all the videos to begin getting views within minutes of uploading…”

2 Likes

You can look at your analytics to figure out what caused the surge

2 Likes

I was looking at my analytics when I saw it take off.

The subject matter and style is totally different than my usual work, which is why it is on a different channel, one that I intended but never yet developed. (A channel about the journey from beginner startup to YouTube monetization.)

2 Likes

The analytics will show you the numbers, but digging into the trending data you may uncover what combination caused the surge. You could’ve just hit a pocket that helped your SEO. Your keyword choices may have helped because you used something that may have been favorable to searchers.

The timing may have been just right when many wanted to inquire about the new 21.02.27 version of Shotcut (which your video is actually the #1 search result). SEO plays a huge role in terms of being found. The quality of content on the other hand affects stickiness of your viewers.

2 Likes

:joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this type of result is fickle. You’ll have maybe 2 weeks max, before another video bumps you off under the same search, so I would milk it while you can…

2 Likes

I have seen that.

My most popular video has the coincidence of a title similar to (or exactly the same as) a song that is extremely popular in Australia.

2 Likes

You can game that system if you know how it’s played

2 Likes

If you also do a Google search, your video is #7 for that search word on the front page

2 Likes

…up to a point.

That popular-by-title video has great Views numbers, but abysmal Retention.
People who were looking for a sweet-sad love song don’t want to listen to ten minutes of how modern Calvinism has its roots in the same 7th-century-BC monistic Hindu philosophy as Buddhism.

Like I said…

2 Likes

I didn’t realize this was your video until now, lol.

3 Likes

That looks excellent. Good work!

A thousand kilos of hanging branch, lurking, waiting…

2 Likes