Who Uses Shotcut to create YouTube videos?

Hi Everyone,

Please can you help me? I am doing a very quick survey for my YouTube channel, and would love your feedback and responses to the questions below in relation to Shotcut.

Do you use Shotcut for YouTube content creation?

If ‘No’ then the rest of the questions wont be relevant to you, if ‘Yes’:

• What is your Name/Brand/Business?
  • Link to your channel?
  • How long have you been using Shotcut?
  • How regularly do you use Shotcut?
  • Do you use any other video editors?
  • If so which ones?

By responding I am assuming you are happy for me to use the information. Anyone that I specifically mention will get a shoutout and link to their channel from my video/blog.

I have a survey here that will make it a bit easier for you to respond, but also very happy if you want to respond as a comment: Shotcut Questions Survey

I will stop recording responses on the 16th August 2021 (so if you are reading after that time, your response will not be added).

[FORUM MODERATORS] I hope this isn’t breaking any of the forum rules - if I need to remove the link - or the entire post, please do let me know.

2 Likes

I am not sure why you need email address, better you could just ask for the link of the profile of shotcut forum or YouTube discuss tab, then you might also be able to contact them.

I will not be giving my personal email, can I use my public email?

ONE MORE THING

You can also use the polls option from the gear icon in the text editor to create a poll for forum users.

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF A POLL THAT I MADE:-

P. S:- It became a very highly voted pole, and it was my first, didn’t expect this much voters.

Hey, all the fields are optional, I believe. First time I’ve used SurveyMonkey. I asked for email so I can inform anyone that is going to be in my video and to ask for permission properly. But its not essential, I fully appreciate your views on privacy.

I had no idea questionnaires can be done on the forum. I’ll look into that for next time! It would be much easier than a full survey tool! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am too, first time using this site to fill any survey. It doesn’t show anything that tells it’s optional, like G Forms have an asterisk for necessary questions and sometimes optional written in a bracket, that’s why I got confused.

Anyway, I filled the survey already with my public email.

Form submitted. Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/benespanto

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate you help very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Ben! Much appreciated!

I don’t really consider myself a YouTube content creator, so I don’t think the survey applies to me. But in case it’s helpful, I’ll use the forum’s messaging tool to send answers to some of your questions.

2 Likes

You’re a big-time influencer! Who are you kidding?

2 Likes

:rofl:

influencer

4 Likes

:rofl:
VN20210804_082303

They can be done, even you have option to make a multiple choice poll, but it’s definitely better to just create a survey on a survey site.

Eg:-

A single choice
  • I want to make a single choice poll
  • No boy, I have multiple things to work on, better go with multi-choosing
  • Never Gonna Give You Up - The famous word
0 voters
Multi-choosers
  • Better going to a single choice
  • Never Gonna Give You Up - The famous word
  • Rick Astley, Hope I meet you and Gift a Rick Roll
0 voters

1 Like

Yes. I filled in your survey. Not sure if you’re specifically looking for tutorial creators but I make videos to accompany my music on YouTube. As of about a year ago, those videos have been exclusively made with Shotcut.

Virtual Playing - YouTube channel

2 Likes

Correct me if im wrong, only advance members can create poll.

No, You are able to create polls when you reach Trust Level 1 – Basic, which is very easy to achieve.

Oh why not I can’t be the only one, youtube channel is here(and i’m on the forum because I broke something in shotcut again tonight XD) https://www.youtube.com/c/Pocketablescom

2 Likes

thanks! I’ll try this out :slight_smile:

Thanks! I have your response in my inbox. You really want all in for your family :slight_smile: Nice job!

Thanks D_S, appreciate you taking the time to respond :slight_smile:

What did you break? :open_mouth:

Thanks very much! :slight_smile: