Version 21.09 now available

Version 21.09.20 is now available for DOWNLOAD!

This main purpose of this version is to fix a major new bug in previous version 21.08. We hope for this to become the new recommended stable version.

• Fixed dragging to Timeline broken if there is MLT XML on the clipboard (broke v21.08.29).
  • Fixed seeking backwards after seeking to the end (broke in v21.08.29).
  • Fixed File > Save (Ctrl-S) immediately after File > Close (Ctrl-W) can corrupt a saved project.
  • Fixed Add Custom Video Mode > Frames/sec was not accepting some legitimate values.
  • Fixed encoding HEVC without hardware encoder (x265) would always output 10-bit instead of 8 (broke in v20.11.28).
  • Changed Copy the filters to only copy enabled filters.
  • Changed fading on the Timeline to automatically fade the opacity when it is not the bottom video track.
  • Expire old QML cache items at startup to reduce app data footprint.
  • Added 360: Equirectangular to Stereographic video filter.
    This can be used to create so-called Tiny Planet videos.
  • Improved performance of 360: video filters.
  • Added 360: Equirectangular to Stereographic video filter.
    This can be used to create so-called Tiny Planet videos.
10 Likes

Wonderful! I have been contemplating whether or not to try 21.08, but sounds like I did well to wait until 21.09. Question: should I wait a little longer (e.g., until the decision is made on whether to name this as the recommended stable version)?

I realize as I ask that there is probably no single answer to that question … :frowning:

You could just install 21.09 as a portable install. Then you can use 21.09 without affecting your previous installation until you are satisfied yourself that 21.09 works well enough for you.

3 Likes

That’s what I’ve done.

Good point!

Has anyone used the .LRV as proxies yet? I’m not sure on what to expect. Shotcut Proxy is enabled. I have both the MP4 and .LRV files in the same folder, then bring in the .mp4, drop it into the timeline and a proxy is created. Should a proxy be generated in the jobs list at this point? If I view that proxies resolution, it’s different than the resolution of the .LRV.

Is that what I should expect?

No, it should just start using the proxy. What are your MP4 and LRV file names. Maybe they do not conform to the expected rules.

That’s what I was thinking. They are both the same file name with .lrv and .mp4 respectively.

Edit: Actually I lied, they are

GH011054.MP4 and GL011054.LRV

Are you running version 21.09.20 and not 21.09.13?

Hmm, sorry Dan, it’s 21.09.13, I’ll get.20

That’s a great feature, thanks :+1:

Please be aware that before Hero 10, the LRV aspect ratio is not exactly 16:9. It is 848x480 with sample aspect ratio of 1.0 making the display aspect ratio 848:480 = 1.7666… instead of the 16/9 = 1.7777… This will make it look a little funny at times, for example, if you put a clip with proxy a video track above another, then some video from below will bleed through the sides. The Hero 10 changes this to 768x432 to address this, but also I made a change for the next version to detect the older LRV and correct the aspect ratio.

Noted and old .LRV correction is appreciated.

@shotcut Could you possibly extend the GoPro .LRV file proxy to include DJI .LRF files?

1 Like