V19.09 BETA now available

Rules of Participation (Important)

• Provide all feedback as a reply within this thread or as a GitHub Issue.
  • If using a GitHub issue, make sure you indicate the version.
  • You can reference other threads from this thread, but do not confuse others by opening new posts/threads.
  • Do not report about existing bugs that have not been indicated as fixed by this version.
  • The beta period will last about 8 days.
  • We are only interested in major regressions over recent versions (v19.06 and newer).
  • We are also interested in major bugs in new features and changes specific to this release.
  • There will only be another beta released if there is a critical problem that needs confirmation from testers after the fix.
  • The actual release may add some low risk fixes and additions (e.g. new filter) over the beta.

Download

Get the beta release from this GitHub page that also includes the list of fixes, changes, and additions.

Thank You For Your Help!

1 Like

The notes for the Blend Mode filter says it “overrides the track Properties > Blend mode for that clip”. But the way I see it works is that the track head’s Blend mode setting is essentially locked once the Blend Mode filter is added to just one clip on that track. The default Blend Mode for that track then becomes whatever the Blend mode setting was on the track head before any Blend Mode filter was applied. So once one video clip gets a Blend Mode filter, the track head’s Blend Mode cannot be changed as it won’t respond to any changes you try to make to the track head afterwards.

Could it be fixed so that the default Blend Mode on the track (i.e. the Blend mode set for the track head) could still be changed even after adding Blend Mode filters on individual clips?

Like the new Blend Mode filter.:+1:

LOVE the new multi-select feature on the timeline - I appreciate it’s limited to remove/delete and lift at the moment but looking forward to being able to move/copy selections in future updates maybe?

Also, multi-selection in playlist is FAB, as is Play after Open, and also faster load-up time.

All good! Thanks, Dan, good work…:smile::+1::+1:

1 Like

Just to report - multi-selection of clips in timeline seems to work as expected so far:

I put 16 subtitle tracks next to each other on V2 then selected random clips with Ctrl + mouse clicks. “Delete” worked fine (all disappeared), so did Lift. Also “X” (ripple delete) worked well, and the clips were all moved, as expected, to fill in the gaps replacing those deleted.

I found 3 issues:

1 - Thank you for making the change from #3 on my list here: 10 Suggestions (V19.07.15)

But currently this only works for dragging the clips from the playlist. If you drag the clips from the player the playhead will still be set at the end of the dragged clip on the timeline instead of staying wherever it was.

2 - If you have more than one clip on the playlist and move the up or down arrow key, it also moves the track head that is highlighted on the timeline. Demo: https://images2.imgbox.com/ae/c0/zhTdET6S_o.gif

3 - Drag from the corner of a clip the Fade In/Out filters to apply them. Click “Adjust Opacity”. On the Filters window, click on the dial to change the duration of either the Fade In/out filter, then toggle between the Fade In/Out filters on the filter’s list. That video clip’s colors will then be ruined. Here is a demo: https://images2.imgbox.com/09/93/rmQ8L35j_o.gif

None of these are new, but I addressed for the next version.

Yeah, this is a big problem, and I think I have a fix to test more on Sunday.

This is fixed for the release.

1 Like

VAAPI hardware encoding on Linux is broken in this beta with the FFmpeg 4.2 upgrade. I am working on a fix.

If you create a transition clip with the Blend Mode filter added to at least one video clip, the transition clip will not factor in the Blend Mode of the video clips. The transition clip will play out as if the video clips had no Blend Mode filters applied.

I have a fix for this, but it must also affect clip B in the transition because transition blending is performed before track blending. There is no way to alter this order. You can achieve the same thing by adding the Blend Mode filter to the transition clip. The filter menu will not let you do that (prevents people using it on the track), but you can by copy and paste filters.

UPDATE: I decided to not include this so-called mentioned fix because it might have unintended side effects and offers less control. Rather, I made a change that allows the Blend Mode filter to be added to a transition clip through the menu. Actually, the change allows any filter that is marked incompatible as a tack filter to be used on a transition (was mis-detected as the Master track).

The bug with the Fade In/Out filters has only been fixed for Fade In. The bug still happens with Fade Out.

This is fixed now.

Using build 19.09.09. The blend filter is broken.

I cannot create the @DvS “text with animated colors” effect using the blend mode filter.

The effect can be created with track blend modes.

Project using track blend modes.
Blend Track.mlt (10.3 KB)

Project using the blend mode filter.
Blend Filter.mlt (11.8 KB)

This is fixed for release.

@sauron:
I made it with Vers. 19.09.02.

The blend mode filter got broken between ver 19.09.02 and 19.09.09.
It’s fixed now.

1 Like

Ist there already a download link for 19.09.09?