Timeline markers add-on

Where the heck is ‘post 24’? Don’t see any listings by post number.

2021-07-08_17-49-40

2021-07-08_17.50.47

1 Like

Oh well… Sorry @Hudson555x

1 Like

lol… I beat you to it ha ha. Same thing :slight_smile: No worries.

1 Like

However… if the window is not full width, the slider on the right side is not present, so you must do this:
2021-07-08_17-57-30

or click on jump to…
2021-07-08_18-01-09

1 Like

Ah! I didn’t know that.
I’m a wide person, so I always use wide windows :wink:

Got it, thanks! By the way, I know this is off-topic, but since you’re replying and online now, can I ask, how do you tell the player to play another track? Even if I click on a clip in a different track, it keeps playing the track I was on before.

It’s best to make a new topic asking for help other than what the current topic already is.

@Namna @MusicalBox Thanks for this Add-On but can you be kind and remove this 5 marker limitation?
I’m trying to use Shotcut to create a beat-sync effect and I want to add a marker on each music beat and I have more than 100 beats now. So currently I can’t use this add-on because 5 marker is not enough for me (the color is not important in my use-case, I just want to add a marker to the timeline to move forward my timeline faster)

And one other suggestion: I think it would be so useful if we can import/export these markers separately. Then we can convert other app markers to each other. For example, for my use case, I have all of my markers in Audacity as a label so I could import all of them from Audacity to Shotcut.

Again thanks for your work and hope to see this feature officially in Shotcut ASAP.

I am new to Linux, and I am currently using Shotcut 21.08.29 on Ubuntu 19.10.

Your instructions for the installation of the “Timeline markers add-on” was to copy the files into:
Shotcut.app > share > shotcut > qml > views > timeline >

but for some reason I am unable to locate the Shotcut.app directory.

Any suggestions?

Ajouter 1 ou 2 marqueurs supplémentaires c’est faisable, mais pas 100.
Pour votre cas, je pense qu’il vaut mieux utiliser la technique du clip transparent sur une piste supérieure.

Adding 1 or 2 extra markers is possible, but not 100.
For your case, I think it is better to use the transparent clip technique on a higher track.

Je suis désolé, je ne connais pas linux et suis donc incapable de vous aider. D’autres utilisateurs pourront certainement mieux vous renseigner.

I’m sorry, I don’t know linux and am therefore unable to help you. Other users will certainly be able to give you more information.

On Windows, if I click on Shotcut’s shortcut on the desktop, then choose Properties, it tells me where the Shotcut folder is located. Do you have something similar on Linux?
7EdE6IyW3w

1 Like

Hello,
How to make markers persistent with the version 21.09.20 ?
They arent maintained each time Shotcut is started…

Im mean, I have to reactivate them every time.
makers

Bonjour,
La position des marqueurs n’est pas stockée dans le fichier mlt du projet. A chaque ouverture de SC il faut donc repositionner les marqueurs. J’hésite à inscrire la position des marqueurs dans le fichier mlt, je ne veux pas créer de problèmes de compatibilité à l’ouverture d’un projet avec marqueurs avec une version de SC sans l’add-on marqueurs.

Par contre, pour votre demande, il est possible de changer l’état de cette case à cocher de telle façon qu’à chaque ouverture de SC les outils marqueurs soient visibles.
Ouvrez le fichier TimelineToolbar.qml fourni dans l’add-on avec un éditeur de texte et modifiez la ligne 351 ainsi:
Remplacez “visible: false” par “visible: true”

Hello,
The position of the markers is not stored in the mlt file of the project. So each time you open SC you have to reposition the markers. I hesitate to write the position of the markers in the mlt file, I do not want to create compatibility problems when opening a project with markers with a version of SC without the marker’s add-on.

However, for your request, it is possible to change the state of this checkbox so that each time SC is opened the marker tools are visible.
Open the TimelineToolbar.qml file provided in the add-on with a text editor and change line 351 as follows:
Replace “visible: false” with “visible: true”

2 Likes

Bonjour,
Avec la version 21.03, les parametres markers étaient conservés, je les utilises à chaque fois…
Merci pour l’astuce !

Hello,
With version 21.03, the markers parameters were kept, I use them every time … Thanks for the tip!

I am closing this and hiding it now. Modifications to the Shotcut installed files is dangerous and unsupportable, especially across versions. Until Shotcut delivers its own markers feature (currently in development), the next best technique is color clips on a hidden video track:

P.S. If you want to make changes to Shotcut’s code, the only acceptable approach from now is to submit a GitHub Pull Request.