Rolled transition

I would like to know if transitions similar to this exist or can be made.
Thank you for any suggestion

Hi @mario_rava

Is this what you are looking for?

If it’s not, please provide an example of what you need.
If it is a long video, indicate at what position the transition is located.

If it is what you are looking for, I made a Filter Set you can use to replicate what you saw in the clip above.

It will work on 1980x1080 projects, set at 30 fps.
TRANS_MB__Vertical-Roll-1sec-1080p_30fps.zip (552 Bytes)

If you don’t know how to use or install a Filter Set, read this Documentation page

After installing the Filter Set, follow these steps:

• Create a 1 second transition between to clips.
  • Make sure the transition clip is selected and go to the Properties panel.
  • Choose the Cut option and set Position to 50%
  • Go to the Filters panel
  • Open the Set category.
  • Choose the TRANS_MB__Vertical-Roll-1sec-1080p_30fps Filter Set.
2 Likes

Uploading: kerala_coconut_e_backwater_transizione_arrottolata.mp4

Thank you Musical box, I had seen the transition but it is not what I need.
Sorry but I thought I attached an example. it is an mp4 file (6,3MB) but it seems like it never finishes uploading (i suppose that I am doing something wrong but I don not what) .
However this is the link for downloading it

Your example video has a weird frame rate. I converted it to 24 fps, and it should upload now.

I don’t think you can create this type of transition in Shotcut. But I could be wrong. Maybe someone else will come up with a solution for you.

1 Like

Hi @mario_rava - This is the closest I got. Not quite the same as yours but it’s a rolled page-curl. Made with Shotcut!

With a bit of work, I should be able to make the text change without the slight delay.

How I did it:
You have to use SC version 20.07.11. (It utilises the Text:HTML filter which has long since been depreciated).
It’s a GL transition, brilliantly pioneered by @elusien some years ago.
I also used his GL-transitions HTML generator.
Follow his instructions here:
https://www.elusien.co.uk/shotcut/gl-transitions/index.html

I can give more detailed instructions if you’d like. I’ll do my best, however I’m a little short of time right now.

@elusien, if you’re there, I for one miss you on the forum! Hope you are well!

Thank you to you and to @MusicakBox, I will study the solution and let you know how it goes. Thank you a lot

Thank you to all, you all are the best but the solution does not work. I have tried Searching transition that is near to what I am searching but it takes long time if you have many transition to do like this in a clip.
Shotcut and the people that works in are the best,sure.

Il existe une solution avec l’aide d’un logiciel extĂ©rieur.
Avant d’utiliser SC, j’avais tĂ©lĂ©chargĂ© la version gratuite de Movavi Video Editor qui ne dispose pas de toutes les fonctionnalitĂ©s de SC, mais qui peut suffire pour du montage simple. Il dispose d’un grand choix de transitions toutes faites.
Glissez les 2 clips sur la timeline.
Glissez la transition souhaitée entre les 2.
Exportez le résultat que vous pouvez charger dans SC.

There is a solution with the help of external software.
Before using SC, I downloaded the free version of Movavi Video Editor which does not have all the features of SC, but which may be sufficient for simple editing. It has a large selection of ready-made transitions.
Drag the 2 clips onto the timeline.
Drag the desired transition between the 2 clips.
Export the result which you can load into SC.

Final result

2 Likes

Thank you for the wise workaround!

I just saw your reply, @Namna . Neat idea.

Je viens de voir ta réponse, @Namna. Bonne idée.

Je reviens sur ce sujet car il existe une solution peut-ĂȘtre moins sophistiquĂ©e, mais qui a l’avantage d’ĂȘtre rĂ©alisable sans avoir recours Ă  un logiciel externe.
- Placez vos clips A et B sur la piste V1
- CrĂ©ez une transition, rĂ©glez sur “Barres horizontales” et progressivitĂ© sur 0
- Ajoutez un clip couleur “Transparent” sur V2 au dessus de la transition.
- Sur ce clip, mettez un filtre “Rich text” sans entrer de texte avec un fond blanc.
- Ajoutez un filtre “Flou: Exponentiel”
- Puis un filtre SPR pour déplacer le rouleau de gauche à droite tout en réduisant son diamÚtre.

RĂ©sultat final.

I come back to this subject because there is a solution that is perhaps less sophisticated, but which has the advantage of being feasible without having to resort to external software.

• Place your clips A and B on track V1
  • Create a transition, set to “Horizontal bars” and softness to 0
  • Add a “Transparent” color clip on V2 above the transition.
  • On this clip, add a “Rich text” filter without entering text with a white background.
  • Add a “Blur: Exponential” filter
  • Then add an SPR filter to move the roller from left to right while reducing its diameter.

Final result.

2 Likes

Salut @namna, plutĂŽt bien ! Serait-il possible que vous partagiez le MLT s’il vous plaĂźt ? J’aimerais l’utiliser et je manque un peu de temps (c’est Ă  dire paresseux ! :upside_down_face:) pour suivre les Ă©tapes. Merci beaucoup! :laughing:

Hi @namna, pretty good! Would it be possible you to share the MLT please? I would like to use it and I’m a little short of time (ie lazy! :upside_down_face:) to go through the steps. Many thanks! :laughing:

1 Like

Voici le MLT
J’ai remplacĂ© les images par des clips couleur.

Here is the MLT
I replaced the images with color clips.

Rolled transition.mlt (9.9 KB)

1 Like

cooltext458727650298296
:+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

TrĂšs astucieux. Merci @Namna.

Very clever. Thanks @Namna.

1 Like

@jonray @SergeC De rien, content que vous aimiez.
Je pense qu’il est possible d’amĂ©liorer l’animation du rouleau avec les nouvelles fonctionnalitĂ©s des images-clĂ©s, mais j’avoue ne pas encore ĂȘtre familiarisĂ© avec.

@jonray @SergeC You’re welcome, glad you like it.
I think it’s possible to improve the scroll animation with the new keyframes features, but I admit I’m not familiar with it yet.

Je crois que les images clĂ©s ‘Ease in’ et ‘Ease in/out’ ne sont pas adaptĂ©es Ă  la progression linĂ©aire de la transition.
I think the ‘Ease in’ and ‘Ease in/out’ keyframes don’t work well with the linear progression of the transition.

I’ll try your solution as soon as I can, many many thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.