Please test the BETA for version 21.10

Definitely the selection for me.

For Remove and Lift, I’d also expect the entire selection to be removed or lifted.

For Replace, would there be any use case where a bunch of timeline clips need to be replaced with a single source clip? I haven’t had that kind of need yet.

This is fixed as well as Remove and Lift. However, if you have multiple selected and choose Remove from a blank spot’s context menu, it only removes the blank. A blank spot and its context menu is a little special as blank is not a member of selection.

1 Like

Text:Rich
Can’t resize text that has been pasted in.
shotcut_2021-10-26_22-57-13

Paste Text Only works.

Not new and depends on from where you paste. It must be pasting some attributes from the source that cannot be overridden. Will not address.

Alt Up/Down are used to switch between & play clips in the play list (on linux )
What about extending Alt - Left/Right to also stop at markers (start/end) besides cuts as it does now ?

Screenshot from 2021-10-27 19-21-35
When I open a previous project with minimized track heights it looks strange.
If i press Ctrl + & Ctrl - it looks ok again.
Screenshot from 2021-10-27 19-25-18

EDIT: Tested with 21.09.20 same issue, so it is not related to the beta.

I found another issue.
Open a old project, and some markers & close shotcut
It don’t ask me to save, just closes and my markers are not saved

Maybe that shortcut could be changed to something else. Alt has sort of been established to be the key to seek. It’s used to seek clips, to seek simple keyframes and to drag the playhead without holding the left mouse button. It’d be a good idea to maintain that consistency.

And it’s better to have a separate shortcut to seek to just the markers for the purposes of placement and to make cuts and such.

@brian, would it be possible to move the color option menu from the Marker Edit menu to the right click menu? I suggest this because I see that it takes about 5 clicks to go to two menus to change a color of one marker. If someone wants to mark down several markers and make them all different colors then it would end up being a lot of clicking. If changing a color can be moved to the right click menu under Edit then that it’d a much quicker process and a lot less clicking.

This has been fixed. Thanks.

Not for this release. Would be good to add this to the suggestion list for a future release.

Just to add to this, this bug also gets triggered by simply minimizing and maximizing the Shotcut window. So it will happen often to users.

One way to reduce the number of clicks is to use the keyboard shortcuts:

1: Press “M” to create the marker
2: Press “M” again to open the edit dialog
3: Press “TAB” to move focus to the “Color” button
4: Press “Enter” to open the color dialog
5: Use mouse to select color in the dialog
6: Press “Enter” to accept the color selection and close the color dialog
7: Press “TAB” 3 times to move focus to the “OK” button
8: Press “Enter” to apply the color change

Changing the color can be done with 9 key strokes and one mouse movement.

That’s still a lot of action to just change one color for one marker. :slightly_smiling_face: Move the color option to the right click menu and it’ll be down to 4:

1 - Right click to open the menu.
2 - Left click to go to Color.
3 - Left click to pick the color.
4 - Left click to press Ok.

It might be a little late for this, but there is also the opportunity to use a set of preset colors only, listed in a menu. Then, I saw in another tool when choosing to export chapters, you choose the color of markers to export.

I also took a look at the color bug when switching layouts and restoring from minimized, and it is very strange. It affects all platforms regardless of display method. It even affects Intel macOS, which uses a different version of Qt. Furthermore, timeline reload (F5) does not work. I tried a number of workarounds and could not get anything to work. The only workaround at the moment is to save and reopen the project. We might need to convert the marker to use a different Qt technology as this is our first time using a somewhat new technology. There are 2 other ways I know to draw this. I do kind of feel this is a bad bug because when it is not a range, then it can be a totally false color.

Awesome work with the new markers, especially the export part is a really nice touch I never knew I wanted.

Are there any plans of implementing some sort of ripple logic to them? I wanted to use them to sort of separate different “chapters” of subclips in my video but then I removed a longer clip at the start of the project and everything was misplaced.
Of course, some people might want the opposite (to just have them fixed in place) so some sort of toggle would be necessary.

And while we’re on the subject, what do you guys think of having the ability to change the color of the clip in timeline? This would complement the markers quite well as they’d pefectly follow the ripple/trim logic already estabilished. It could be as simple as Right click → Color → (choose from something like 5 classic predefined colors and a custom option).

Oh, I just noticed there’s a long separate thread discussing the ripple thing. Nevermind that part then.

This fix seems to have introduced a regression.

Create a range and it’ll appear in the From menu as “Marker 1” which is the default name of the marker:

But if you then change the name of the range marker, the new name you give it won’t appear in the From list. It will still list it as “Marker 1”:

Click on the images to see them in full. For some reason the forum here has cut off the bottom parts of the images.

Ok, thanks, this is an easy fix, and we also fixed the problem with the color changing.

1 Like