When a photo has been split at play-head (so that different filters can be applied to the different sections), Fade out effects won’t work if fade in effects have been applied.
Steps to reproduce:
- Add an image or video to the timeline
- Add another video track
- Add another image or video to the new track
- Add a chroma-key filter to the image or video on the top track
- Between each of the following steps, check to see if the fade-in and fade-outs work.
- Try with fade to black and adjust opacity
- Add a fade in and fade out effect to the same image or video
- Split the track into three segments
- Apply more filters, on different segments. I put blur onto the first and last segment
- Create transitions between the segments (extend one into another)
Sometimes, removing then re-adding the fades, or changing the order of filters fixes the issue, but most of the time the fade outs won’t work.
As far as I know, there is no work around for this issue.