Your YouTubeChannel - Follow-On

If you want your channel to be featured in the Shotcut channel’s Made with Shotcut playlist, please post a specific video you made using Shotcut to the #made-with-shotcut category. Then, I may choose to add it. Otherwise, if you are simply sharing a channel, I do not know which video was made with Shotcut (if any). Thanks!

My entire channel is based off SHOTCUT as thats the only editor I use. Hence, any and all videos are made using Shotcut. You may choose any you deem fit.
Here is my new video online today-

Hello!

This video is like a magazine showing offers on games of various platforms. So it’s a video with an expiration date :wink:

Used stuff:
@elusien @jonray HTML Text, for typewriter, HTML transitions.
@sauron double chroma pagecurl effect, and paper burning effect also double chroma.
Filters, keyframes, and everything else, thanks to @shotcut.

And the @KKnBB proxy tool.

As I don’t have a lot of computing power, I have edited many small videos and then mounted them on this one. I’m still learning!

4 Likes

Great effects, @kinuris! Visually very entertaining! Great job, and I sort of learned a little more Spanish from watching it… :rofl: :+1:

1 Like

very njice @kinuris,
I like the burning effect … didn’t know we have such filter in SC.
Let me try to find it …

Good video and thanks again for the hand thingy …

Hi @seemon,

There’s no a burning filter. It is a green/blue transition from Youtube. You need two project to get the effect. It is explained here InvertedPageCurl GL transition doubt for the pagecurl effect.

Thanks @kinuris for the tips. I guess I miss that thread … I know GL but did not really understood how to apply it. So this thread will give me good ideas now.
Well I will try to use them more in my next video.

Just release one simple video using SC entirely but little special transition :frowning: will try that more.
Enjoy …

3 Likes

Hi @seemon - Aww, how sweet! Amazing to think that the original song, sung by Dana, was No. 1 in the UK charts for two weeks, almost exactly 50 years ago! And it won the Eurovision Song Contest for Ireland that year!

I have to admit I was around then and remember listening to it. :wink: A time when things seemed much more simple …

Nice effects on the video, I enjoyed watching.

Just posted an instructional video for my new piano composition - “ROCK SONG!” - for piano students. Could do with a couple of views to kick-start it … :smiley: :smiley:

Sheet music and backing tracks all available for free download … Enjoy!!

5 Likes

My newest one utilizing the transition @jonray did with PNGs but I used my logo in the intro

right at 00:03
2 Likes

@jonray,
Appreciate the comments it … I suppose we belong to a generation that love simple things still :slight_smile: Add to my U tube would be great.

Well I intent to continue making videos for fun for a while … thinking along 1 every 2 weeks.
It’s really great to know “video editing” can be so interesting and with SC it makes me having great time now. Also you and many others in this forum are really supportive and helpful … and you all volunteer for this. It is really amazing …

2 Likes

Tipps & Tricks for upright Videos made with your Mobilephone:

Full Series:

1 Like

Nice work, @dvs! Very nicely done. :+1: Wish I understood German …

1 Like

Hi @bentacular! Enjoyed your fishing video! I was disappointed though when the fish you caught wasn’t a tin of Spam !! :laughing: :smiley: :smiley:

(For those who don’t get this joke, it’s a comment referring to a previous @bentacular video):

https://forum.shotcut.org/t/playing-with-shotcut-during-quarantine/16845

1 Like

LOL! SPAM is a once in a lifetime. I shouldn’t have thrown it back =)

1 Like

:laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

It’s great to see all the stuff showcased here! Thanks to everyone for posting - very inspiring.

I got into videography and editing as a hobby after I bought a drone and wanted to do something with my footage. My laptop is not a bad spec but Shotcut really is the best balance between performance and functionality. I like doing stuff with in-camera transitions and most of my stuff is filmed on my phone or my drone but I’m pretty happy with the results so far!

My first real adventure into a short film/travelog was my “Dromahair” video

which uses a lot of Shotcut features and there is also a hours of custom chroma masking and keyframing in there.

My most recent one is simply drone footage of the local school but it has a nice “sky transition” at the marked point here which took me a good bit of time.

It could be a bit cleaner but it is still a nice effect. There is another nice masked transition starting around 1:51 which I think looks good too…

If you like these then this is a playlist of my better stuff!

Everything apart from “The Murrough” was produced using Shotcut…

1 Like

Great thread idea!

I mostly use ShotCut for my micro sUAS videos of late, so basic things like PiP, audio, levels, corrections, etc.

Prior, I mainly used Serif MoviePlus X6, so many of my older videos were produced with that.

Here’s the video that made me start using ShotCut because I read an article about how amazing it’s color correction/grading controls are, especially within the world of FOSS NLEs (they were comparing it to DaVinci Resolve’s controls, so no small honor!):

Here’s one of the first times I used ShotCut for a composed video (As a bonus, you can see my wife laugh at me when I crash):

Here’s one of the more recent micro sUAS videos:

I also have been using ShotCut to edit/clean up videos of myself practicing my Theremin to send to my instructor, and having the various histograms/level meters in the GUI has been absolutely… instrumental for that.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Riven editor of Randomised Gaming a YouTube packed full of video games from retro to modern and I’ve been using shotcut for just about every video on the channel, bar some of our really early ones.

Been a little while since I posted here on the forum, but wanted to show our latest video where we use a large number of tricks in Shotcut to do split screens and other tricks all the movement in the video with the banners is also Shotcut, using the size and position filter, along with key frames in the time line

The zoomed split screens were rather tricky to do, requiring a mix of filters including Crop: Source, Rotate and Scale finally Size and Position. Even then the nature of these fliters wasn’t ideally and the fact there not perfectly aligned is due to them not been able to do what I exactly wanted, but it was close enough. I’m amazed I got them to work together as well as I did. Shows what you can do in the editor, once you understand it.

1 Like

Greetings all!

I have had my channel for about a year and I use ShotCut as my main editor. I do hair videos on Youtube so feel free to check me out. Heres my latest video:

3 Likes