Whip-pan transition. New method

This is amazing! I had no idea that the No Sync filter exsited! Great job as usual!

1 Like

Hey! Ben! Nice to see you.
Thanks !

1 Like

Hey! Ben! Nice to see you! :smiley:

2 Likes

@jonray Hey guys! I’m still around. I’m just currently slammed with other things, but I still follow everything you do. Great job!

1 Like

It happens. I just thought you were on a very long fishing trip … :smiley:

2 Likes

Kind of a tangential question - the beginning of your tutorial - when you make the cut. I never understood this – later on if I want to change my mind about cutting something on the timeline, how do I undo it? (later on in the editing process where the undo command is not available anymore). Is there a “glue” command to combine two adjacent pieces back into one? Or a “remove cut” command? Such a rudimentary question, I know.

Select the left-hand clip, then right-click it, then select More->Merge with next clip

1 Like

This really is excellent, cheers @MusicalBox.

Just gave this a whirl and with @Namna’s tweaks on the SPR filters (thank you also), it seems to be nearly flawless.

It even works as a txt file, so they can be copied into the filters panel once the transition has been created on a new project very easily.

C’est vraiment excellent, merci @MusicalBox.

Je viens de l’essayer et avec les modifications apportées par @Namna aux filtres SPR (merci également), il semble être presque parfait.

Il fonctionne même comme un fichier txt, de sorte qu’ils peuvent être copiés dans le panneau des filtres une fois la transition a été créé sur un nouveau projet très facilement.

1 Like

Thanks for the nice comment @PoisonedSlice. Glad you like it.

By the way, I found a faster way to do it that eliminates the SPR filters… Will try to post an update one of these days.

3 Likes

Hi, did you eventually post an update of the faster way, maybe in another thread I missed?

Darn! I completely forgot about that. Sorry, no, I didn’t post that update… Will have to dig my old files. I’m not even sure I remember what exactly is that faster way. Thanks for reminding me @Reagan

2 Likes

Hi MusicalBox,

Fantastic tutorial!
Thanks for sharing.
I will use this someday in one of my projects…

Chears!

1 Like

Thank you @josept

I replicated my old Whip-Pan transition using the new Filter Sets Method with the following changes:

• As per @Namna , I set the width to the height of the project on the first SPR
  • I set the width to 2x 1920 (3840) on the 2nd SPR
  • I added the Trails filter (set to 4) before Blur Box
3 Likes

Really nice @bentacular . Are you able and willing to share your amended filter set file?

1 Like

Of course! Once I figure out how to download it, I will share here

1 Like

@jonray as promised, here is my adapted Filter Set: New Whip-Pan Transition

I hope this works for you!

2 Likes

Wonderful. Top man. Thanks @bentacular ! :clap:

1 Like

I didn’t post an updated tutorial, but in case you missed it, I made a Whip-pan filter set that you can get here:

2 Likes