V20.10 BETA now available for test

yes

2 Likes

Yesss!! Thank you so much! :smile: :+1: :+1:

I got this working and added it.

2 Likes

Brightness Filter problem

V1 Open Other Colour - set to blue
V2 Video Clip - Added Crop and Size/Position Rotate filters.
decide to adjust brightness, so added brightness filter.
With it active V2 content disappears, just the V1 colour shows through.
Tried different filter order and turning off the other filters

Update:

Turning off V1, setting the background of the crop and size filters to blue gives the same effect but now the brightness filter works, but only if it is the last/bottom filter.

Brightness filter works on the whole track including the background. Unfortunately I only need it on the original video and not the background. :frowning:

This is fixed for the next version.

1 Like

Anyone can get nightly builds for Windows and Linux from our GitHub Actions (look for “Artifacts”) to test updated betas. It is not recommended outside of beta periods.

How exactly? I don’t see how to download it.

1 Like

You have to be signed in to GitHub to download the files.

1 Like

@shotcut, did you reproduce this bug:

• When you cut a clip that has like a vertical aspect ratio that has Blur: Pad applied, the Position and Size parameters of the next clip are reset to cover the whole screen rather than stay on the default which is of the aspect ratio of that clip.

YES! thank you!

It’s working better when the zoom is done with Ctrl + mousewheel but not when the zoom bar is used. The zoom bar is still having the issues that I showed in the demo I linked to.

Also, when I try to change the font of the text in Text: Rich it just stays as is and doesn’t change.

Text: Rich
Font does not change.
I don’t know if this problem existed before.

Downloaded the nightly build (portable) and can confirm it appears to be fixed. Thank you.

I think in future I will use the portable version for beta testing, leaving the current version in place should I need it.

Yes, the slider; that is fixed.

Fade in Video Problem

I have a fade in Video filter set to 15 frames (opacity not ticked).
I expected the background and video to fade in over 15 frames.

Video starts frame 16, and the blue background (from the Crop and Size/Position/rotate Filters) also appears at frame 16.
The video appears in the black box area at frame 1:07
Neither the background or the video fade in.
The video appears suddenly after the end of the fade in period.
Same seen in exported video.

Using last nights build. Project is 30fps, source file is 25fps.

I do not understand your problem report. You should try to simplify it or reproduce it another simpler way, but first you should verify that it exists only in this beta version and not the previous version.

Using last nights build.

You should report the number that appears in the Help > About Shotcut dialog. Maybe you downloaded the version before “last night’s” started or finished.

This is fixed.

By the way, picking Scroll to Playhead isn’t reflected in the keyframes timeline. It’d be great if it does.

I reinstalled 20.09.27 and also checked using Portable Version 10.10.21.

Apologies - the problem was the same with both versions.

Checked my source video and there were 20 frames of black/no video at the start.

It does look like when there is no video, then the fade in filter does not do anything, because there is nothing for it to work on.
However this means the fade in filter also does not work on the background colours created by the other filters on the track.
These simply appear at the start of the fade in.

Solution is Video and filters must always start together.

Thanks for your fast response and your patience.

This is new but fixed now. Thanks!