V20.02 BETA is now available to test

13) Make a transition clip. Undo the transition clip. Now grab the clip on the right and move it back and forth. A red outline of the transition clip that was undone will appear inside the clip on the left. Demo.

This is fixed for the next version.

14) Have at least 2 tracks opened in the timeline. Lower the timeline down to the near bottom. Use Ctrl+mouse wheel to zoom out fast and back again. The whole timeline will collapse in a strange fashion by either totally disappearing, appearing in fragments or being separated from the track heads. Demo.

The issues with the Pitch filter have been fixed for the release.

1 Like

15) Using the Crop: Source filter with Preview Scaling may be inaccurate. In this demo, I scale it down to 360p and crop it so that the top of the letter “B” has no gap. When I switch back the Preview Scaling to None, there is a gap.

I found a bug when resizing a colour clip in distort mode. The colour box doesn’t fill the boundary box, the blue rectangle stays in proportion when it shouldn’t.

I’ve got it the back of my mind that it has been reported - probably by @sauron or @drm, but I may be wrong can’t seem to find it on the forum. Apologies if this is the case.

I would think it’s an urgent bug to address before the release.

[EDIT - I deleted the video since it is no longer appropriate (problem already reported and resolved).]

I reported this. It’s been fixed.

Thanks @sauron - I seem to remember you mentioning it but couldn’t find reference to it. Better to be safe than sorry. Please ignore!! I’ll remove the YT demo - In 30 minutes I’ve already had 3 comments saying “amazing video” etc. Something tells me they are being sarcastic (!!) :laughing:

This cannot be fixed. Preview scaling is inherently inaccurate.

This is fixed for the release.

@DRM have you had a chance to download a nightly build and test this?

16) The new behavior of zooming in on the timeline with the mouse wheel is not accurate when trying to zoom in on clips that are on the right side of the timeline. Despite aiming it with the mouse, the zoom in doesn’t stay to where you are aiming the father right you go on the timeline. In this demo, I test the first 3 clips on the timeline showing that the new behavior works. But then I try this with the last two clips on the timeline showing that the zoom in doesn’t work and is very inaccurate.

Yes. The sync issue and audio clicking seems to have been fixed but the sound that is being produced with the Pitch filter comes across as echoey and maybe a little scratchy. I did a demo where I compare this to the youtube speed up feature. On youtube, when you speed up the playback it automatically adjusts the pitch. I sped up the clip from Tears of Steel 2x on both the youtube playback then show the same in Shotcut: https://streamable.com/s5mz8

You can hear that the youtube 2x speed + pitch audio quality is clean while in Shotcut it sounds like there is a bit of an echo.

I noticed 2 problems. I showed them by video.
Problem 2 is not very important.

16 ) The new behavior of zooming in on the timeline with the mouse wheel is not accurate when trying to zoom in on clips that are on the right side of the timeline.

This primarily happens when when the timeline contents does not fill the window because it is unable to scroll the left edge negative. I have not found a way fix this.

the sound that is being produced with the Pitch filter comes across as echoey and maybe a little scratchy.

As far as I have determined, this is as good as the library provides and will not be addressed.

1. The timeline has a minimum height. This has not changed in this version, but I will reduce it some because it is trivial. But not such that it hides the toolbar or V1 at its minimum height. Also, you can close the panel if you need more space temporarily.

2. The first text column in the jobs panel does not always expand to fill the space. This is fixed for the release.

If the best it can do is subpar quality then should it really be included?

In any case:

17) The drag handles for Simple Keyframes in the Pitch filter are missing.

18) If you have the keyframes window open and try to change the name of a clip on the timeline, it won’t update the name of the clip in the keyframes window. Demo.

I expect this to be improved when the “Pitch Compensation” feature is implemented for the speed feature. With pitch being done in a separate filter, it goes through a resampler where half of the data is thrown away before the pitch filter is applied. So stay tuned for future improvements to that.

Also, to Dan’s point, we are using a FOSS pitch changing library. It may not be as good as a proprietary library that YouTube might be using.

I had disabled simple keyframes for the pitch filter. Doesn’t really seem like a use case to me.

Anytime we offer keyframes we should try to offer simple keyframes. The use case is simple: it is simpler. It is very easy to enable these. I did and did some testing, and it is working fine.

This is fixed.