V19.13 BETA now available

Say what? Another beta already? Yes, mainly because of the major new bug when moving clips on the Timeline with Ripple mode on. This version not only fixes that and a few other new bugs, but also it includes the highly requested feature that did not make it into the release: moving multiple clips on the Timeline!

In addition, two more video scopes were contributed: RGB Parade and RGB Waveform. Lastly, a change to allow reducing track height to be very short.

BEFORE YOU POST A REPLY ABOUT A BUG READ BELOW.

The purpose of the beta is to find new problems that block release. We are not trying to fix everything wrong that can be found before the release.

• Provide all feedback as a reply within this thread or as a GitHub Issue. If using GitHub make sure you indicate the version.
  • We are only interested in major regressions over recent versions (v19.09 and newer).
  • We are also interested in severe bugs in new features and changes specific to this release.

Download

Get the beta release from this GitHub page.

Thank You For Your Help!

5 Likes

Thanks for that. :slightly_smiling_face:

How long is this beta going to last?

1 - Unfortunately, bug #6 in my bug report from the last beta has not been fixed:

Specifically, this one:

If multiple clips are moved beyond the left of the timeline then it will cause the clips to be altered in the timeline. Hereā€™s a demo of that.

2 - Have 2 clips on V2 and 1 clip in between them on V1. Multiselect all three then ripple delete them. The 3rd clip (2nd clip on V2) wonā€™t be deleted. Demo.

I know that lift and ripple delete are not always removing everything selected, and I probably will not get that fixed in this release. It is minor because you can select what got missed and do more.

I do not know how long the beta will last yet. There is definitely an urgency to it. January 1 at the latest.

3 - When moving clips in the timeline while having the track height set at the newly created lowest level, the bubble that notes the amount of frames, second, minutes, etcā€¦ that the clip has been dragged to and from does not appear.

Please try to exercise a little bit of judgement; this is very far from critical. Not going to fix at this time.
Update: fixed for the release.

I wouldnā€™t have posted it if I didnā€™t think it was important. Being able to see how many frames, seconds, etcā€¦ I have moved a clip around is important for syncing purposes and precise placement.

WOW, this is the best xmas gift from the stunning Shotcut team!

2 Likes

Moving multiple clips on the Timeline!
Reducing track height to be very short!

Nice work @shotcut - thanks! :+1::+1:

Yeah! Multiple Clips and Shorter Track indeed is very2 needed features. Tq so much Shotcut Team!

Ps. Would you kindly enough to put feature about drag and drop file straight to timeline (from file explorer)? Tq

1 Like

Thank you for this Christmas surprise! :smiley:

I found a bug for when clips were moved before the beginning of the timeline - either partially or completely - which I just fixed for the release.

Thank you for reconsidering, Dan. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for all the hard work. Shotcut makes me happy. Itā€™s so great to see such constant and rapid development. I remember a couple years ago when I would be slightly annoyed by occasional crashing and missing features, but Iā€™ve had zero problems with Shotcut since, like, v17. Amazing.

1 Like

I found some time during holiday travel to fix this for the release.

1 Like

Very good progress!

If I use the ā€˜Trailsā€™ filter in conjunction with ā€˜Rotate and Scaleā€™ and look at the result in the preview window, the content remains unchanged after I jump to another place.