V19.07 BETA now available

Rules of Participation (Important)

• Provide all feedback as a reply within this thread or as a GitHub Issue.
  • If using a GitHub issue, make sure you indicate the version.
  • You can reference other threads from this thread, but do not confuse others by opening new posts/threads.
  • Do not report about existing bugs that have not been indicated as fixed by this version.
  • The beta period will last about 8 days.
  • We are only interested in major regressions over recent versions (v19.01 and newer).
  • We are also interested in major bugs in new features and changes specific to this release.
  • There will only be another beta released if there is a critical problem that needs confirmation from testers after the fix.
  • The actual release may add some low risk fixes and additions (e.g. new filter) over the beta.

Download

Get the beta release from this GitHub page that also includes the list of fixes, changes, and additions.

Thank You For Your Help!

1 Like
  • Fixed long Projects folder path in the New Project view.

See the screen capture with V19-06 below

and then the same with V 19-07

I can not create a folder other than the partition of my home folder ?
Yet the permissions are good.

The width of the dialogue is smaller

Hi, maybe try without ( or é in the name of the path

I am mobile now and unable to test this, but I think this is a bug because it is taking the path for the new folder from the button text, which is now elided. It needs to use tooltip now, which holds full path.

You are certainly right, I can create in this other partition provided that the path is short enough not to be elided.

Both of your issues are addressed, but this width change is intentional. It is required to make the two columns (New Project and Recent Projects) a similar width to make the shortened text in the Projects folder button, and it looks better. There is now more vertical expanding, and if it is constrained a vertical scroll bar now appears for this help text.

The Crop Circle filter does not cover the entire screen when the radius is set to 100%.

This is fixed for the release.

I was moving multiple clips by turning on both Ripple & Ripple All and saw some strange behavior. I made a demo to show what I mean here.

When I take the 1st clip and move it on top of the second clip then all clips move accordingly as expected. But if I take that 1st clip and move it beyond the 2nd clip all clips move backward not forward. I move the 1st clip on top of the 2nd clip two times. Then on the 3rd time I move the 1st clip beyond the 2nd clip and all clips move in the opposite direction:

I experienced this as well.

This is normal because you dropped into a gap and the space occupied by the former location is removed requiring ripple across all tracks. Turn off ripple if you want different behavior.

I think a behaviour that pushes all of the clips instead of dropping into the gap while in ripple mode could also be valid. Is that what you were wanting? (But I will not be surprised if I get a bug report if I change it.)

Hi @shotcut, for me, if I select ripple mode, I would expect all clips to be pushed along regardless of whether I moved the initial clip onto another clip or into a gap. It would get my vote if you were thinking of changing it.

Yes. If you’re concerned about possible bugs it could introduce then hold out on this change for the next version’s beta so it could be tested then.

No, very easy low impact change I just made. However, I noticed that is inconsistent now with the behavior when dragging a clip toward the left. That still drops into a gap, but the only alternate behavior is for it to remove everything between the two locations, which is very unlikely the desired result. I guess that is OK.

So it’s a wash?

No, I made the change. I think this inconsistent combination works best giving most people what they want/expect moving in either direction.

When there is a filter on a clip, the view of the Keyframe’s timeline won’t center on the playhead if you select another clip and then click back to the first clip. The view of the Keyframe’s timeline defaults to the start of the clip. Defaulting to the start of the clip also happens when you first apply the filter even if the playhead on the regular timeline is further down the clip. This adds an extra step by either having to scroll over to find the playhead or having to move a frame forward or back so that the view on the Keyframe timeline centers on the playhead. This happens with both Simple and Advanced keyframes. I did a demo to show what I mean here.

Also, for both new Crop Filters (Circle and Rectangle), can a decimal point be added to give more control (e.g. 100.0%)?

This issue affects 19.07.BETA.