Using Filters on wide Markers (regions)

Previous suggestion https://forum.shotcut.org/t/using-filters-on-markers/32782 was wrongly marked as solved.

The idea of filters attached to markers is much more powerful than the solution proposed in the above topic.

Such markers can not only be easily moved to the right place, but also copied to ensure the same type of filtering in several places of the clip. For example: a flash transition at several points of our clip.

It also opens up the possibility of crossing regions with a combination of filters available in each of them.

1. It was not wrongly marked as solved, there was just another way to implement the wanted action, even if it not was made using markers.
  2. Markers is just a named time regions (name, start, duration and color) they are not related to clips or tracks.
    Filters need a clip or track to work on and is stored with the track or the clip.
    Normal keyframes or simple keyframes is there own kind, there don’t fit well with markers as they relates to a single filter or a single filter property

Filters need a clip or track to work on and is stored with the track or the clip

Filters can be attached not only to a clip or track, but also to the output stream. It seems to me that markers with filters can work at this level (output stream).

Markers is just a named time regions (name, start, duration and color) they are not related to clips or tracks.

I propose to expand this entity

P.S.

My suggestion can already be implemented by a set of filters at the level of the output stream. But it is very difficult. And it’s even harder to make changes.

Regions with filters will provide a convenient tool for implementing this idea.

A lot of filters don’t work on the output channel, because the work with the tracks below, so the output filters is only useful for special cases, and each filter has its own ranges that can be set individually.
just add an extra top track with transparent color clips with the filter you want, then clips will work as ranges with filters, you can extend, move and copy them around

So if I have 20 clips each with 10 filters, that would be 200 filters all controlled by one wide marker?
How would you be able to tell which filter goes where?

…200 filters all controlled by one wide marker?

No! Markers should only manage their own filters. These filters work AFTER all other levels (clips and tracks). Filters belonging to clips work and are controlled at their level (clip level).

A lot of filters don’t work on the output channel, because the work with the tracks below, so the output filters is only useful for special cases,

Using output stream filters was just an example to clarify my idea. Of course, it is impossible to really use such a technique.

I don’t understand, please explain

But this method is not suitable for filtering, warping, denoising, and the like.

No, not every thing can be made this ways, as not everything can be made with filters on output track.

Another option is import you project as a .mlt in another project and make different tracks with different filter combos and split the .mlt clip and place the clip on the track with the wanted effect.

So I propose to collect all these separate non-obvious tricks in one new tool.