Unable to debug Shotcut project using GDB on Windows 10

I’m encountering an issue while trying to debug the latest master version of the Shotcut project using GDB on Windows 10. Despite successfully compiling the project, I’m unable to use GDB for debugging purposes. Here are the details:

• Shotcut version: Latest master version
  • Operating system: Windows 10
  • GDB version: 14.1
  • CMake version: 3.28.1

The problem occurs when I attempt to use GDB to debug the project. I can successfully enter the main.cpp code during debugging, but I’m unable to set breakpoints within the docks directory code. Additionally, after approximately 1 minute, the debugging session automatically exits, and the following message is printed: [Debug] <Application::~Application> exiting.

Are there any known issues or specific configurations required to use GDB with the latest master version of Shotcut on Windows 10? I would appreciate any insights or suggestions to resolve this issue.

Thank you!

1 Like

Set an environment variable QSG_RHI_BACKEND=d3d11. Otherwise, you can read main.cpp to learn about how a detached child process is launched and then parent process exited. This was added to provide a fallback to OpenGL on systems without Direct3D 11.

what is GDB stands for ?

GNU Debugger. It is a tool (typically used by programmers) to monitor and alter the internal state of a program while it is running. This helps a programmer figure out why a piece of code is not functioning as expected (pun intended).

1 Like

thanks for the reply and explanations

thank you ,it is work

You saved my day.