Transition effect using

Hi All !

V1 and V2 have separate clips. How can I connect them with transition effect?

Thanks in advance to the helper.

translate

First make sure that the clips are overlapping each other. So either drag either clip over the other or extend the ends of the clips to be over each other.

Then, if you want to do a transition with a dissolve, add a Fade Out filter on the clip of V2.

If you want any other kind of transition, add the Mask: From File filter on the V2 clip, pick the transition you want here it says “File” and animate the Threshold parameter with keyframes in order to do the transition.

@DRM

I don’t understand this ? Can you show with an example?

What part don’t you understand?

this part

and this

Demo.

Demo.

About the Mask: From File filter, I’m not sure how I can make that clearer. The Mask: From File filter was introduced to you by other members of the forum months ago in a previous thread you started:

Just apply the Mask: From File filter to the clip on V2 and follow what I wrote. Unless maybe you have the language in your Shotcut set to another language like Turkish? Is that the cause of the confusion?

No.

How do I switch to adding when I have clips on top of each other? I’m wondering about it. It’s not the same as the previous issue. I am using Turkish. it’s not about that either.

translate2

this part…

I don’t understand what you mean by “switch to adding”.

I didn’t say it was the same as the previous issue. What I was saying was that the Mask: From File filter was introduced to you in that thread.

@DRM a minute…

I’m looking at the demos you sent… it is necessary to extend the clips. I guess.

I asked if it could be this way. that is, without changing the location of the clips…

Right. If you don’t want to change the location of the clips then you must extend the ends of either clip like I show in the second demo. :slightly_smiling_face:

And since you have the language of your Shotcut set to Turkish here is an image of what I was referring to just to make it clear:

1 - Pick the transition you want where it says “File”.
2 - Animate the Threshold parameter with keyframes in order to do the transition.

Just match it with your Turkish menu. :slightly_smiling_face:

By the way, this is if you want a transition other than a dissolve. If you want to do a dissolve transition then just add a Fade Out filter on the clip on V2.

1 Like

OK I did it. but when I switch to the other clip, it turns black…

• I’ve done this before, it doesn’t work now… I think my notes are missing… :frowning:

@DRM

OK I did it. :slight_smile: I also applied a mask to the other clip… :frowning:

Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.