Timeline markers add-on

Excellent. You guys are far too talented for my tiny brain to comprehend. Great team effort!

3 Likes

Feel sorry :pensive: , this great add-on doesn’t work with Shotcut version 20.09.27 which
my ASUS Notebook works well.

Rassurez-vous, je suis aussi bloquĂ© comme vous sur 20.09.27, et j’ai bien prĂ©vu de faire une version qui fonctionne dessus.
Laissez-moi quelques jours pour la publier

Don’t worry, I’m also stuck on 20.09.27 like you, and I’m planning to make a version that works on it.
Give me a few days to publish it

3 Likes

Here is the same version, but for V20.09.27
The installation procedure is the same as in the first post

Markers_for_200927.zip (13.8 KB)

1 Like

@namna and @MusicalBox, I’m late to this (been busy making more flute videos :laughing:) and I’ve just seen the post but it’s brilliant. Can’t wait to try it out. A million thanks guys!! :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

@namna and @MusicalBox, This is GREAT. I wish I’d noticed your post 3 days ago - could have been using it in a project!! No worries!!

One small point, though - I notice that when you select “Move Playhead to marker” you get an option “Origine” which is French, so I’ve changed “Origine” to “Start” by way of a simple edit to the Timelinetoolbar.qml file.
Here it is if you would maybe like to substitute it for your version to make the language consistently English.
EDIT: I just found another instance of “Origine” (upon clicking the timer) so I changed that as well and updated the zip file:

Timeline Toolbar file (renamed START not ORIGINE).zip (3.9 KB)

Also - Woo - hoo, @namna, - great to see your frame tool is back working in Shotcut v. 21.03!! As you know I’m a huge fan of that tool.

[EDIT 2] - the timer on the toolbar is also amazingly useful!!

3 Likes

PS +1 for assigning keyboard shortcuts as @Pascal_S suggested

1 Like

downloaded!

@namna, another point - I tried clicking on the number of frames in your frame tool to try to change the value, but it didn’t select the value ready for changing, and I can’t select by clicking/holding either - like I think it did on your previous version?

Thanks Ben!

2021-04-13_00.22.08
It’s something I mentioned to @Namna (9 days ago). But for now he can’t make it work:

His answer:
C’est liĂ© aux nouveaux contrĂŽles de la V21. Cela le fait sur toutes les zones de texte, y compris dans celles des UI des filtres. Cela a Ă©tĂ© remontĂ© Ă  Dan, je ne sais pas si cela sera corrigĂ© dans la prochaine version. (Ca marche dans la V20)
This is related to the new controls in V21. It does this on all text boxes, including those in the filter UIs. This has been reported to Dan, I don’t know if it will be fixed in the next version. (It works on version V20).

2 Likes

I encountered this in my tutorial. All you have to do is to position the cursor at the end then backspace and retype

2 Likes

Oui, je l’ai constatĂ© aussi.
Il me semble que cela a déjà été signalé à @Shotcut dans un autre post.
C’est je pense liĂ© Ă  la mise Ă  jour de Qt depuis la V21, je n’ai pas de solution.
Vous pouvez toutefois revenir Ă  la version V20, regardez, en plus elle a des marqueurs pour les keyframes.

Yes, I’ve noticed that too.
It seems to me that this has already been reported to @Shotcut in another post.
I think it’s related to the Qt update from V21, I don’t have a solution.
You can however go back to V20, look, plus it has markers for keyframes.

Diapo62

Give me a few days to publish it for V21

1 Like

J’espĂšre que mon traducteur a bien notĂ© pour la prochaine version.

I hope my translator got it right for the next version. :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thanks @namna, I didn’t know it worked OK in V20. No big deal - as @bentacular says, users can use backspace/delete. The markers for keyframes is awesome.

LOL!

1 Like

I second that
a minor inconvenience for a major upgrade.

I found the post in question.

Looks interesting! I’ll give this a test drive later today!

It is a problem with the non-spinner text fields that is used throughout all filters. Moreover, you cannot select the text using the mouse either This is an easy fix I made for the next version 21.02

The problem seems to be fixed with all the concerned filters. Why doesn’t it work with the playhead displacement tool ?

I don’t have the latest V21.
Is it fixed by the replacement of textfields by spinboxes or by the possibility to do CTRL A?
I could also replace the textfield by a spinbox, but this will lengthen the timeline.