The world without Internet - Software broadcast on radio

Hi,

Let me present to you one of my videos made with Shotcut. I’m in particular interested in what could be improved? This video has extremely low average watch time. Only 8.5 percent and I’m wondering what is wrong… Especially that I put a lot of effort and used many Shotcut tricks…

*** An amazing journey back in time to the “prehistoric” era, when there was no Internet and computer programs were broadcast over the radio. A story about Atari, ZX Spectrum and Commodore. Long-forgotten titles regained thanks to a few enthusiasts. An explanation of where the iconic beep sounds in the air came from? And lots of curiosities for dessert. Old tape recorders. First teletext broadcasts. Prestel and Minitel terminals. The mysterious abbreviation BBS. Software on vinyls. And many, many more… Almost 25 minutes during which you will not be able to tear yourself away from your computer. ***

1 Like

I watched the first 90 seconds or so, and thought the editing / effects were good. The only thing that might be tweaked would be to speed up the narration just a bit. But I don’t think any of this is the real issue - I’m guessing that the issue is not the editing, but the content. For whatever reason, it is not “hooking” the audience at the beginning.

Any more suggestions or comments?

@awake, hmm what is not ok with narration? Is that only the question of speed or sth more?

Just the speed, and just a bit.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.