The new Shotcut-Win64-231129 version no longer detects my NVIDIA GT730 card

Good morning,

I regularly use Shotcut under Windows 10. I have 8 GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GT730 graphics card.
Until the Shotcut-Win64-230929 version my card was detected and I could use equipment speeding to encode. Since I installed the latest Shotcut-Win64-231129 my card is no longer detected and I can’t even use my card’s codec. Force to encode with my CPU AMD Athlon II X2 270 and put 3 times for encoding.
Is this a bug of this version and that it will once again be possible to use the material acceleration of my card during a next update?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Corodially.

Hi @Bertrand

It looks related to this:

Mine is a NVDA GT710 and the maximum driver version I can get is 474.64.
The minimum required Nvidia in the new version of Shotcut is 522.25

I checked for your card (GT730) and the newest driver available is also 474.64.

Hello Musicalbox

Thank you very much for your response, complete and precise. Thank you also for taking the time to check for the model of my card the latest version of the driver.
I must therefore conclude that unfortunately I could no longer use Shotcut in the best conditions; Which is a pity. It is clear that even with open source software which is normally intended for an audience that does not have the means to invest in expensive software, that you always have to have the most sophisticated hardware. It would have been pleasant to bridle certain new features, specially designed for cards with more recent drivers, and leave the possibility of the old cards to operate. Especially in terms of encoding and export. Regarding the transition effects where filters are less important, and I will not be embarrassed if some could not work because my card would be too old.

So I launch this idea to the software designer; Please see if you can leave the possibility of using at least the material encoding for export with any card and older drivers versions. I would be very grateful to you and it would allow me to continue using your software with pleasure.

Respectfully
Bertrand

You can install older versions.
They can be found here:

Here is a list of NVIDIA cards that are supported with driver version 522.25

Another option is to upgrade your GPU with a used card that will use that driver version. There are a lot of sites where you can buy used cards from. For example, on eBay, a GeForce GTX 750 is going for about $40. I’m just using the GTX 750 as an example.