Shotcut video not compatile wih facebook

This topic is not new as I did read the previous topic about it. But it does not help me to solve the problem. Thus, I want to come back to that discussion again hoping that someone could help.
I am using Shotcut version 22-12-21. Video MP4 exported by Default can not be posted to Facebook. H.264 Baseline, Main and High Profiles; and Youtube are also tried unsuccessfully.
Does someone do it successfully? What is the next choice should I try? Please help.

It works for me.

If you are using hardware encoder maybe it is a problem. Maybe there is something about your video mode (resolution or frame rate) that it does not like, or maybe the duration. I do not know all of the gotchas to check with facebook. I used the defaults without hardware encoder, 42 seconds duration, and a 1920x1080 25fps video mode.

I do not use hardware encoder. I used Default as is but my video is 32 min. with 10.9 KB. I used to post H.264 video of that size produced by Power Director without any problem.

Hi;

A little more info is needed. Since uploading to YouTube is not problematic, and many here have succeeded using standard settings, something else would appear to be going on.

1. What was the original video recorded using? Maybe a smartphone, in which case listing the model might help.
  2. What is the original video resolution and frames per second; Is it 1920x1080 at 30fps, 1280x720 @30fps, or something else?
  3. What is the video mode of your project inside shotcut?

I did not set resolutions and frame rate. The produced video can be played in my PC and TV but this could be the problem for Facebook. I am trying to test again with 1920x1080 30fps video mode. I took video with several cameras and do not know their resolutions but I know that they are high ends cameras Canon 40D (?) and Nikon P1000 (2160x30p).

Just did a test with WAV. It works quite well. Next step is another test with Default 1080x30p.

The test of posting to Facebook with Default and setting of resolution 1080 x 30fps of 3 GB and 32 min works.
Thus, the video mode setting with resolution and frame rate must be done before exporting for Default exporting. The above setting of resolution is not required for WAV export mode.
I am happy now. Thanks so much for Dan Dennedy and PoisonedSlide for their fantastic supports.

1 Like

I did some researches about video file limitations on Facebook. They are important to know:
Maximum file size is 4GB and 30 fps
Maximum length is 240 min (up to 4 hr)
Video dimension: 16:9 to 9:16
Recommended format: MP4 or MOV whenever you can but can be others formats that Facebook accept.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.