Shotcut crashes when I move a video track back and forth

So everytime I try to sync the camera video with the mic audio/voiceover, I pull the video tracks back and forth and Shotcut just crashes!!! For absolute no reason!!! How can this happen??? It’s not even a heavy task to simply drag a track!!! You really need to fix this!!!

Wich SHOTCUT Version do you use???

I have never had a problem like this. You should try the different options under Settings > Display Method:

I am experiencing the same problem. I am using a fresh installation on Windows 7. My video was shot in 1080p 30fps so that is the video mode I chose for the project. I am trying to sync audio that I recorded thru an external mic completely separate from my camera.

I’m afraid I’m not a software developer. While I appreciate the above response from Shotcut tech support, it doesn’t make any sense to me. I don’t see any place in Shotcut’s settings menu that allows me to choose between Mesa 3D and DirectX. The application log does look like I’m using OpenGL. How should I do this stuff?

Thanks! I changed the setting to software (Mesa); now the program won’t run at all. When I try to open it, I just get a series of error messages:

First message:
"Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlagsQSurfaceFormat::FormatOption(), depthBufferSize 24, redBufferSize -1, greenBufferSize -1, blueBufferSize -1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize 8, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SwapBehavior(DoubleBuffer), swapInterval 1, profile QSurfaceFormat::OpenGLContextProfile(NoProfile)) .
This is most likely caused by not having the necessary graphics drivers installed.

Install a driver providing OpenGL 2.0 or higher, or, if this is not possible, make sure the ANGLE Open GL ES 2.0 emulation libraries (libEGL.dll, libGLESv2.dll and d3dcompiler_*.dll) are available in the application executable’s directory or in a location listed in PATH."
Error1
Click “OK” and it goes to a C++ error.
Click “OK” again and the program crashes.
I can only post 1 image at a time right now; I’ll make another post for the C++ error.
What would you suggest at this point?

Here is the C++ error:
Error2
The other two errors are standard Windows program crash stuff. I can send you a screenshot if it’s helpful.

Thank you for your help, by the way!

Try re-installing the application.
Check the remove reg settings. That might help.
If not then Shotcut might not work with your system.

1 Like

Run the Shotcut installer again and choose the checkbox option to remove all registry settings.

Same problem here moving audio or video with zoom more than 50%.
I’ve tried changing to mesa, and I get a slightly better behavior, but then of few movements I got the same crash.

My version is 20.07.11 in Windows 10 64 bits, Nvidia MX 150.shotcut hangs

I have the same problem, with version 20.07.11 on Ubuntu 20.04 64-bit, with the built-in graphics of an Intel i7-6820HQ, crashes using Mesa just the same as with OpenGL, in particular when doing very small adjustments.

Also reported on Github

I believe I fixed this for the next version 20.09

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.