Prewiew rendering, speed keyframing, gpu usage

Dear shotcut community, I’ve recently installed shotcut 20.09.27 on Windows 1903 and I cannot find a way to do some things. I hope you can help me and I apologize if I’m posting a duplicate topic.

Lets start with the most important stuff. I cannot find a way to pre-render my modifications. Not finding this option quickly defeats the purpose of proxies as even something as simple as a crossfade can make my cpu jump from 20 to 90% and playback becomes stuttery. It becomes even worse when changing color saturations or other stuff. This option has different names in various programs, i think in resolve is called preview-rendering. How can i enable it?

Second point: how can I keyframe the speed of a video? I can find speed settings in the properties of the clip but not in the effects so i cannot keyframe it. I found a couple of similar post with no solution and a very imprecise and time consuming workaround at the following link: workaround

Finally while my CPU is struggling my gpu is doing nothing. There are some topics in the forum but I’ve not understood if it has been temporarily disabled due to stability issues or it is not even part of the project anymore the idea of GPU accelerated rendering (and more in general GPU acceleration while scrolling footage and whatever). However I’m happy to notice that hardware encoding with NVENC is fully working.
(i cannot put another 3 links as I’m a new user but they are a little bit old from 2019).

My System Is a little bit on the older side however RAM is usually my bottleneck when editing videos.
CPU: Phenom II X6 1090t
RAM: 8gb
GPU: GTX 1050ti 4gb
All the project files and shotcut itself are on a SATA SSD.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan Dennedy sorry if I sounded disrespectful, I still hope that your project continues well and i wish you good luck.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.