Possible Render Bug?

What is your operating system?
Fedora 34 64-bit LXDE spin

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

Shotcut stopped rendering in 1920x1080 after I upgraded from Fedora 33 to Fedora 34. It will render video with the default resolution , but if set in anything but the default setting it will render in 00:00 seconds but produce an empty file and indicate a successful render. I never had this problem before the upgrade and I’m guessing it might have to do with one of the program’s dependencies.

Where did you get your build, how did you install it, or how do you launch it?

It will render video with the default resolution , but if set in anything but the default setting

It is advisable to use Video Mode and not change resolution in Export > Advanced.

When the export job fails or produces unexpected results, right-click the job and view the job log. You might need to turn off hardware encoder if that is on.

Thank you for your assistance. I was on a Windows 10 computer when I made the first post so I gave you the wrong version number ( my version number on Fedora 34 is listed as Shotcut version 21.04.06 in the application log and I installed the program through dnf ( shotcut-21.03.21-2.fc34.x86_64 ).

I’ve used shotcut for a couple of years and I’ve always exported in the resolution 1920x1080 without problems , but when I upgraded to Fedora 34 I get no output and get an indication that the job completed successfully in 00:00:00 seconds. I edited the same video on Windows 10 with the same export settings and it exported properly. Here is the video job log that results from the edit:

Failed to load “%2Ftmp%2Fshotcut-rHzDah.mlt?multi:1”
Failed to load “%2Ftmp%2Fshotcut-rHzDah.mlt?multi:1”
Completed successfully in 00:00:00

Sorry but these are not supported here. Please try with a build we provide on our downloads page.

OK , thank you for your reply. I’ve downloaded a portable Linux version:

[Info ] Application::Application Starting Shotcut version 21.03.21
[Info ] Application::Application Linux version

which I executed from the command line:

$ ./Shotcut/Shotcut.app/bin/shotcut

It pretty much behaves the same way as the repository version , it will complete the render in 00:00:00 seconds , indicate a successful render and produce no output if the resolution changed from default. This is the job log from a simple test edit with one cut:

Failed to load “%2Ftmp%2Fshotcut-qJycYX.mlt?multi:1”
Failed to load “%2Ftmp%2Fshotcut-qJycYX.mlt?multi:1”
Completed successfully in 00:00:00

You are doing it wrong. Read please either the download page or

Ok , thank you. It seems to work now. Shotcut is a great video editor , by the way ! I once wrote a small “toy video editor” in C that was a GUI front end for ffmpeg , so I can appreciate how good and elegant this little editor is ! :+1:

1 Like

I am glad we got that sorted out for you!

This topic was automatically closed after 89 days. New replies are no longer allowed.