Please test the BETA for version 22.12

Introduction

This is another conservative release to continue to focus on bugs, but we did throw in a couple of small low risk additions. Due to the conservative nature, during the beta cycle we will not be attempting any risky fixes. We mainly want to ensure no more regression bugs.

• Please do not report about existing bugs that have not been indicated as fixed by this version.
  • Provide all feedback as a reply within this thread or as a GitHub Issue.
    If using a GitHub issue, make sure you indicate the version.
  • The beta period will end by December 22.

Download

Get the beta release from this GitHub page that also includes the list of fixes, changes, and additions.

Thank You For Your Help!

2 Likes

Just installed 22.12 BETA. Nothing bad to report yet, except that I really like the configurable Seek shortcuts and the Cycle Color feature for the markers. Those are really useful. :+1:

One question about the Cycle Color feature though: It looks like we can only select a marker with the Previous Marker or the Next Marker buttons (or shortcuts). Shouldn’t we also be able to select a market by clicking on it?

This is unrelated to the cycle color as I read it. You can click a marker in the Markers panel to select it. Is the behavior you are reporting different than a previous version? There will be no unrelated behavior tweaking in this beta period.

How is the Cycle Color On Selected Marker supposed to work?

I’m on the timeline and I press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+M but the color doesn’t change. What am I missing?

1 Like

It cycles the color of the marker selected in the Markers panel (the action is a menu item in its menu). The Timeline does not have the notion of a selected marker. That is why MusicalBox above asked for the marker in the panel to be selected when you click a marker in the Timeline. When you add a new marker it is selected in the markers panel. So, this new action is most useful immediately after a new marker to change its color by shortcut.

It should be made clear in the instructions for final release that Cycle Color On Selected Marker only works when the Markers panel is opened.

The marker cycle shortcut is rather unintuitive, a global shortcut should be working… well globally right?

But if the Markers window is not opened the shortcut isn’t actually working even immediately after creating a marker, I almost thought I had some other program blocking it.
Is this an intentional design decision or is there a technical reason making this hard to implement? (I’m aware this is a minor issue, just throwing this out there)

Brian changed this for the release to work like deleting a marker - based on the marker under the play head. And clicking a marker in the Markers panel to select it also seeks to the marker; so it works that way as well. In doing so the shortcut works now regardless if the panel is open.

1 Like