Please test the BETA for version 22.01

Rules of Participation (Important)

• We are primarily interested in major regressions since version v21.09.
  • We are also interested in major bugs in new features and changes specific to this release.
  • Do not report about existing bugs that have not been indicated as fixed by this version.
  • Provide all feedback as a reply within this thread or as a GitHub Issue.
    If using a GitHub issue, make sure you indicate the version.
  • The beta period will end by January 30.

Download

Get the beta release from this GitHub page that also includes the list of fixes, changes, and additions.

Thank You For Your Help!

2 Likes

@davidm, @Verveus, @ConteudoAnimal, @Micha, @independent, @dmitry114260, @scellycraftyt

Here is the beta for the next version. :slightly_smiling_face: Read the post above to see what’s new and what has been fixed but among them are the fix for the bug which had transitions stopping markers from being exported as chapters and 3 new Equalizer filters have been added. If you can download this beta and help test it to report if there are any issues you find yourselves having before the end of the beta period that’d be great!

1 Like

@brian, wouldn’t it make more sense to put the 3-Band EQ before the 15-Band one on the Filters list?

We do not manually order them; they are sorted alphabetically and that will not be changed.

It would be great if someone could compare the pitch filter and pitch compensation features to see if the updated library has resulted in any improvement or degradation compared to previous releases.

Regarding:
Fixed the Text: Rich video filter shows the editor when playhead is not over selected clip.

The text is no longer shown when the playhead is not over the selected clip, but the edit frame is still shown

I have tested the pitch filter, no degradation, a little hard to say if there is improvement.
Here is some examples.
No Pitch

Shotcut 21.12.24

Shotcut 22.01.17

Regarding:

Encoding using Alder Lake CPUs having both P-cores and E-cores is using only slow E-cores under Windows 10

I don’t know what format your videos are Tim, but my browser can’t play them.

It is .m4a (mp4 audio only), i have renamed them to .mp4 because the forum have restrictions on filetypes to upload, there is no video, only audio

1 Like

@brian, how come the letter “B” in “Band” lowercase for one Equalizer filter but uppercase for the other?

J’ai cherché un bon moment a quoi pouvaient bien servir les deux derniers Sliders du filtre Audio Level Visualisation, pas moyen de faire apparaitre les fameux segments.
J’ai ensuite trouvé qu’il fallait sélectionner « Segment » dans la seconde Combo en partant du haut.
Je suggererais de désactiver (Griser) les 2 Sliders lorsque l’option « Segment » n’est pas sélectionnée.

I’ve been looking for a long time for the use of the last two Sliders of the Audio Level Visualisation filter, no way to make the famous segments appear.
I then found that I had to select “Segment” in the second Combo from the top.
I would suggest to deactivate (Grey out) the 2 Sliders when the “Segment” option is not selected.

The preset is never cleared automatically even if you change a parameter rendering the preset not current. This is old behavior with no plans to change it.

1 Like

You already reported this elsewhere and it was not indicated that it was remedied (or that it will be). From the rules above:

Do not report about existing bugs that have not been indicated as fixed by this version.

Sorry but noone has replied on that post. Great to know that someone has noticed the problem. :smiley:

That is consistent with other filters. I had considered to make a change for all filters to disable the VUI if the cursor is not on the clip. But I do not know if that is a good idea. Maybe people will be confused when the VUI is not visible.

thanks for doing that test. Sounds the same to me.

Typo. Fixed.

Done

1 Like

Conversion of simple keyframes to advanced keyframes is working in almost all filters.
The only exception is when I change the #2, 3, or 4 corner of the Corner pin filter without changing the #1 and click the advanced keyframe button in the filter dock.
If I change the #1 corner, the simple keyframes get converted correctly.

Ooooh this one is my jam