Please test the BETA for version 21.12

Rules of Participation (Important)

• We are primarily interested in major regressions since version v21.08.29.
  • We are also interested in major bugs in new features and changes specific to this release.
  • Do not report about existing bugs that have not been indicated as fixed by this version.
  • Provide all feedback as a reply within this thread or as a GitHub Issue.
    If using a GitHub issue, make sure you indicate the version.
  • The beta period will end by December 20.
  • There may or may not be a release candidate version before the release.

Download

Get the beta release from this GitHub page that also includes the list of fixes, changes, and additions.

Thank You For Your Help!

Export Markers as chapter is working smooth 
 thanks a lot lot lot 

1 Like

Shotcut r4852.1638761210.86672d71 from git just now. I hope this doesn’t matter. :slightly_smiling_face:

LUT behaviour during dissolves is working really well as best as I can tell. Many thanks!

This is a pretty stable release. Not a whole lot of problems I’m noticing.

Undo doesn’t bring back markers after ripple delete if clip in point is the same as timeline 00:00:00.
Ripple markers with edits needs to be turned on.

I can’t hold a mouse button on the up or down button of the Start or End spinbox in the markers dock to make a continuous increase or decrease. It’s possible in the marker edit dialog as well as all the other spinboxes that I can use in Shotcut.
This is not really a bug, but UI inconsistency.

I may not be using the markers correctly but, If I highlight a marker shouldn’t the information of the highlighted marked be updated in the rename texbox, colour and the start/end/duration? In the image here I clicked on marker 3 which then highlights but the data below still shows the last clicked marker information, marker 2.

Edit: Just noticed in the screenshot - Looking at the duration of marker 2, there is a disparity of 1 frame. Top shows 05:17 and bottom shows 05:18, again not sure this is intended.

Fixed. Thanks!

Good catch. Fixed.

Your understanding is correct. But I can not reproduce the problem you report (and clearly illustrated in your screenshot). I tested in both Windows and Linux and the marker editor always matches the selected marker. Maybe there is a trick to it - like click fast or something? How easily do you produce it?

Fixed!

1 Like

I checked and Im not facing this issue :slight_smile:

Reinstalled with registry removal. Tried on a colour clip, all is well.

I’ve used Override Frame Rate in Convert To Edit-Friendly to try and convert several files to 29.970030 but instead they are coming out as 29.970000.

I’m testing the beta. I don’t know if it happened in previous versions, but the STITCH REMOVAL filter is out of order, the marking is in one part and the hiding is in another. Another detail (I did the print), the delay in exporting the file, almost three hours.

@brian, looking at @PaulusMaximus picture of the Markers panel reminded me of something I forgot to mention in my Markers thread:

Is there another way to have a selection on the list be highlighted? The way that it is now the blue highlight covers up the color of the marker. I wonder if there is another way to highlight the selection without ever covering up the color of that selection with the blue highlight.

2 Likes

I am not seeing any problem with Spot Remover filter or export speed. For speed, you need to compare the same project and export option with a previous version.

I have a fix for this.

ok I’ll do it.

• While a video is playing go to its Properties’ panel and change the Rotation to either 90 or 270. Shotcut will crash.

• Shift + Ctrl + M is too many keys for such a simple function of deleting one marker. Why not repurpose Z or Backspace to be the delete key for markers? I think it’s a waste to have three different keys for one function (i.e. Lift) when at least one of those two extra keys can be used to delete markers which would make that action far easier to do with the keyboard. Between Z and Backspace I lean towards Z since it’s on exactly at the other end on the same row on the keyboard as M.

This is not new to this release, and I do not agree to change it.

While a video is playing go to its Properties’ panel and change the Rotation to either 90 or 270. Shotcut will crash.

Fixed

I had noticed this previously and took a quick look at it. The highlighting behavior is controlled by our GUI toolkit and the highlight color is driven by the theme. So I would have to re-implement a lot of functionality that is provided by the toolkit in order to change the highlighting. I decided to spend my time on other things.

En parlant de la couleur des marqueurs:
La couleur de la police est choisie en fonction de la couleur du fond. Ainsi le texte est affiché en blanc lorsque le fond est sombre et en noir lorsque le fond est clair.
Cependant cela ne fonctionne pas toujours, par exemple pour le bleu. Le texte est en noir et serait plus lisible si il Ă©tait en blanc.

Speaking of marker colors:
The font color is chosen based on the background color. Thus the text is displayed in white when the background is dark and in black when the background is light.
However this does not always work, for example for blue. The text is in black and would be more readable if it was in white.

It uses a simple heuristic based on the “value” of the color per the HSV color model. The same is used in the color clip Properties. The value of pure/full blue is the maximum value. Thus, making it work for pure blue would always make the text white. So, I tried using “lightness” per HSL, and the lightness of pure blue is 0.5. When I change the threshold to that inclusive, then the lightness of pure green and yellow are the same lighness and white on those colors is mostly unreadable. I also tried building a text color from hue, 0 saturation, and 1.0 - value; but that did not work either. This is not important enough to get fixed before the release, and maybe eventually someone will make a code contribution.