Photo album

Hi,

Is it possible to create a photo album with Shotcut?

Regards,

You mean photo (slide) show?

Hi,

Thank you for reply.

No, I didn’t mean slide show. What I mean is how to create photo album and it looks like realistic one e.g. it has front and back covers, shows transformation (animations??) from one page to another pages, shows its binder etc.

I saw it in the internet and wondering if it can be created with shotcut.

Regards,

Yes, create a real photo album and using a camera record yourself turning the pages.

2 Likes

Hi,

Can you show to me an example of that album? or any thread relating to this topic?

Regards,

Thanks, You gave me a idea to implement in my video.

One thing to remind, my tutorial would need some extra stuff like transition and photo editing.

This is not something related to Video editing, that Shotcut is made for, It sounds like a 3D animation, you can do in tools like Blender, but it is not an easy task.
Maybe someone has created one already and you can use it and replace with you own pictures. But you need to know how to use the 3D animation software and they have a steep leaning curve.

If you are familiar with HTML/CSS/Javascript you can do this without too much trouble (though I haven’t done it myself). For an example see here: StPageFlip: Realistic Book Page Flip Animation Example

The code is available on Github at: https://github.com/Nodlik/StPageFlip

1 Like

I don’t think it would need 3d, it would be like biting the bullet, but also getting something for nothing. If he was to just use 3d, he actually has more ideas and possibilities than what he has now in shotcut, but it would take a lot if time to do that photo realistic modelling he wants. It would be too much for the thing he is doing.

A simple photoshop could make it possible in literally minutes, and A SPR with corner pin would be everything to create the come in of the collage. And the page turn transition could be done with a green screen video.

I rather like @Elusien idea, because it’s simpler and faster than 3d or video editing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.