Only first filter in exported file

Hi guys, I’m trying to export from timeline in Shotcut v23.09.29 but only first filter for each track is exported, the others not. Why?

I selected all the tracks before to export but it seems I’m exporting only first filter for each track, as I said. Someone can help me, please?

UPDATE: Export failed at this link I maybe understand why I cannot be able to export video correctly. I need confirmation, could my pc with 16gb ram and without a gpu be not enough?

Can you please attach a screenshot of your Shotcut window, showing the different tracks on the timeline (full timeline is important). Also, make sure you have selected one of the videos on the timeline so we can also see the filters you have applied. If you need to attach 2 screenshots then that is fine.

You could also attach a copy of your log file, which might help.
Go to View → Application Log → Save
and then upload that file here along with the screenshots.

In the while, I reduced the number of filters and now it works. I overwrote my old file with the new one so I can’t attach the old timeline, I can attach only the new one. Sorry

Here the application log: log.txt (36.4 KB)

Luckily it is working now, but if I’m wrong something is important to know.

1 Like

Well done and good work! One thing to be aware of is the need to constantly backup your mlt. More information on avoiding disaster here, and I strongly recommend you follow that advice.

It is interesting that reducing the number of filters helped. I’ve never heard that before; I am sure many on here have applied a large array of filters to the same item on more than one occasion without issue. So perhaps it was a combination of filters that was causing your problems. Do you remember the filters you removed in order to make it work? If so, add them back in one at a time until you discover which one causes the problem.

Since it is working now the log might not help much, but if you can recreate the same problem by adding back those missing filters, then upload that log file and a screenshot of the filters in question.

At any rate, you have potentially solved your own problem so you should take some pride in that. Good luck!

Edit: Question - why do you have an exponential blur followed by a simple mask followed by another blur followed by another mask? I guess my question really boils down to “what effect are you trying to achieve”? Since that is an odd combination. I’m not saying it is wrong, but rather that there might be another way.

Ben fatto e buon lavoro! Una cosa da tenere presente è la necessità di eseguire costantemente il backup del vostro mlt. Maggiori informazioni per evitare disastri sono disponibili qui e vi consiglio vivamente di seguire questo consiglio.

È interessante che la riduzione del numero di filtri sia stata utile. Non l’ho mai sentito prima; sono sicuro che molti qui hanno applicato una vasta gamma di filtri allo stesso elemento in più di un’occasione senza problemi. Quindi forse era una combinazione di filtri a causare i vostri problemi. Ricordate i filtri che avete rimosso per farli funzionare? In caso affermativo, reinseriteli uno alla volta finché non scoprite quale è quello che causa il problema.

Dato che ora funziona, il log potrebbe non essere di grande aiuto, ma se riuscite a ricreare lo stesso problema aggiungendo nuovamente i filtri mancanti, caricate il file di log e uno screenshot dei filtri in questione.

In ogni caso, avete potenzialmente risolto il vostro problema e dovreste esserne orgogliosi. Buona fortuna!

Modifica: domanda: perché avete una sfocatura esponenziale seguita da una maschera semplice seguita da un’altra sfocatura seguita da un’altra maschera? Credo che la mia domanda si riduca a “che effetto stai cercando di ottenere”? Poiché si tratta di una combinazione strana. Non sto dicendo che sia sbagliata, ma piuttosto che potrebbe esserci un altro modo.

I will read your topic, thanks for suggestion.
I’m using this filter so many times because I need to blur images not video. I understand is a strange use of this filter but I don’t know another way. Have you suggestion for this?

PS It’s my first time with shotcut and with this kind of software, so it is an experiment for me.

Hi @salvatorericcardi,
Have I analyzed your screenshot correctly? Do you want to blur several parts of your video clip?
If so, your filters are not in the right order. The order is very important.
1st filter → Mask: Simple Shape, Operation ‘Overwrite’ (Maschera:forma semplice)
2nd filter → Mask: Simple Shape, Operation ‘Add’
Maybe another → Mask: Simple Shape, Operation ‘Add’
Next, Blur: Exponential filter (Sfocatura:esponenziale)
Tip: You can use a single track by adding a last filter: Mask: Apply
Quick tutorial :

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.