New Version 21.05.01 doesnt work for me

With th the new version, I can’t add mp4 file, and crash when adding a jpg file…

Hi @Pascal_S

You probably saw this when you wrote your post:

What is your operating system?

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

This is there for a reason. If you don’t provide a minimum of information, your post is useless to the developers. It doesn’t give them any clue on how to recreate the problem and how to fix it.

Hi @MusicalBox .
My OS version is Windows 10 with the Shotcut version shotcut-win64-210501.exe.
It seems be the same problem with the 20.9.13 first release.
See : Impossible for me to add mp4 in playlist with the version 20.09.13

It is the same problem as before. We upgraded FFmpeg to version 4.3, which when integrated into our app does not work on your system. However, this time I have decided that I still want to upgrade FFmpeg even if it does not work for some. It works on all my systems, and I do not know why it does not work for you.

Ok thanks for answer.
I downgrade the version

I will downgrade FFmpeg to v4.2 for the next version. Since we never determined the root cause of the problem, I had hoped some numerous changes we made a long the way may have made a difference. It is unfortunate more people do not test the betas.

Does export use FFmpeg ? I used 21.05.01 for the first time yesterday to export a relatively simple project. About 2 1/2 minutes in length, 4 tracks, SP&R + Corner Pin filters on the longest clip. It took 49 minutes to export it. I tried again after rebooting my computer and that time it took 52 minutes.

I really regret not testing the betas. I hope to be more active soon. :sob:
I had some problems with the previous version (performance and problems importing PNG image sequences with alpha channel) but I could never reproduce them to find a pattern or relationship.
I will use the newly released version to test this on W10 and Linux.
Best regards and thanks for the work done. :+1:

I will do the next time.
Thanks for all.

Had to downgrade as well myself, kept locking up as in various random places, something even as simple as hitting Open Other and dragging a color block down to a video stream.