Impossible for me to add mp4 in playlist with the version 20.09.13

Someone else posted about this recently, and your post looks almost exactly the same including a log file and same screenshot. But I cannot locate that thread anymore with my response. I do not reproduce it, and maybe only one other person reported it.

Hi.
It was on Facebook i published that, not in the forum.
Im a Shotcut user since a long time, and my hardware didnt change…
I dont understand why i have this problem with this version.

Ah, thank you for reminding me. Let us see if others report it maybe with some more information about a special condition.

Can you simply File > Open a mp4 or use Open Other > Noise and it plays?

This looks like an OpenGL-related problem. You should try the different options in Settings > Display Method

You should also try rebooting if you have not.

When i open directly a mp4 file, i get an error opening :slight_smile.
If i open other, Color , the pic is streaked.
I tried all options of display method (openGL, DirectX…), it’s same.
sh1

What gpu are you using? Have you tried downloading the portable version and using that to see if it’s an issue with how/where shotcut was installed?

Hello.
Same problem with the portable version…
I have an Intel® HD Graphics integrated on MSI mother card.
I upgraded it too with the last version driver of 08/2020.

Always the same problem with the new version 20.09.27 :

[Debug ] Mlt::Controller::Controller begin
[Warning] mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen C:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\mlt/libmltavformat.dll (“C:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\mlt\libmltavformat.dll”: Le module sp?cifi? est introuvable.)

:disappointed_relieved:

I had the same problem. I reverted to version 20.07.11 which was then able to open the MP4 files I tried to open.

The beginning and end log from 20.09.13 where warnings in the logfile seems to indicate issues with MLT:

[Info   ] <Application::Application> Starting Shotcut version 20.09.13 
[Info   ] <Application::Application> Windows version 192 
[Info   ] <Application::Application> number of logical cores = 8 
[Info   ] <Application::Application> locale = QLocale(NorwegianBokmal, Default, Norway) 
[Info   ] <Application::Application> install dir = "D:/Program Files/Shotcut" 
[Info   ] <Application::Application> device pixel ratio = 1 
[Debug  ] <ShotcutSettings::log> language "en_US" 
[Debug  ] <ShotcutSettings::log> deinterlacer "onefield" 
[Debug  ] <ShotcutSettings::log> external monitor "" 
[Debug  ] <ShotcutSettings::log> GPU processing false 
[Debug  ] <ShotcutSettings::log> interpolation "bilinear" 
[Debug  ] <ShotcutSettings::log> video mode "" 
[Debug  ] <ShotcutSettings::log> realtime true 
[Debug  ] <ShotcutSettings::log> audio channels 2 
[Debug  ] <ShotcutSettings::log> display method 16 
[Debug  ] <MainWindow::changeTheme> begin 
[Debug  ] <Mlt::Controller::Controller> begin 
[Warning] <MLT> mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen D:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\mlt/libmltavformat.dll  ("D:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\mlt\libmltavformat.dll": The specified module could not be found.)
[Info   ] <MLT> plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file 'D:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/AUTHORS': "D:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\AUTHORS": The specified module could not be found.
[Info   ] <MLT> plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file 'D:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/COPYING': "D:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\COPYING": The specified module could not be found.
[Info   ] <MLT> plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file 'D:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\ladspa/readme.txt': "D:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\ladspa\readme.txt": 
[Info   ] <Mlt::Controller::resetLocale> decimal point . 
[Debug  ] <Mlt::Controller::Controller> end 
[Info   ] <MainWindow::showStatusMessage> "Checking for upgrade..." 
[Debug  ] <MainWindow::open> "C:/Users/ronny.GLOBALINTS/AppData/Local/Meltytech/Shotcut/__untitled__.mlt" 
[Debug  ] <MltXmlChecker::check> begin 
[Debug  ] <MltXmlChecker::check> end 
[Info   ] <MainWindow::open> decimal point '.' 
[Debug  ] <MainWindow::onUpgradeCheckFinished> response:  "{\n  \"version_number\": 200927,\n  \"version_string\": \"20.09.27\",\n  \"url\": \"https://shotcut.org/blog/new-release-200927/\"\n}\n" 
[Debug  ] <LeapNetworkListener::onDisconnected> Disconnected from Leap Motion 
[Debug  ] <LeapNetworkListener::onError> Leap Motion WebSocket error: "Connection refused" 
[Debug  ] <MainWindow::open> "D:/Ronny/Videos/20200919_162334.mp4" 
[Debug  ] <MltXmlChecker::check> begin 
[Debug  ] <MltXmlChecker::check> end 
[Info   ] <MainWindow::showStatusMessage> "Failed to open D:/Ronny/Videos/20200919_162334.mp4" 

Also the newest Shotcut version had similar warnings in the log, IIRC. I uninstalled before I copied the log-entries though.

As we have the exact same issues, what’s your graphics card?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

How come it works in older versions? Is there a codechange in any of the commits for later versions that may be sensitive to videocards?

The file libmltavformat.dll is our wrapper for FFmpeg, and in version 20.09 I upgraded our FFmpeg version from 4.2 to 4.3. However, no new dependencies or compile options were added. So, I do not know why it is not loading on your system. I do not think the video card matters. Perhaps you have some FFmpeg libraries (e.g. libav*.dll) in your PATH or Windows system directory that are found before the local ones and they have a different version that happened to be the same as what Shotcut previously used.
At the least you can verify the file it claims it cannot load actually exists: D:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\mlt\libmltavformat.dll"

I deleted all libav*.dll, and uninstall many apps like Gopro, VLC, etc…
I changed the path for only Shotcut directory…
Same…
Yes, the dll exists, but Shotcut can’t to use it

@Pascal_S and @Spiralis
For last night’s build I downgraded the FFmpeg version to the same as used in Shotcut version 20.07. Can you please test it?
http://builds.us.meltytech.s3.amazonaws.com/shotcut/shotcut-win64-201022.zip

Superb !
it works !!
Thanks…
(how to get this version of FFmpeg for the next Shotcut’ versions ?)

1 Like

I will keep it for the next version.

Are we losing anything by staying with the older ffmpeg build performance or flexibility wise?

Nothing notable