New Animated text template

By way of illustration, I had my first encounter with the term “tractor” as it applies to Shotcut here.

Now, me not knowing how that term was used in this context didn’t effect the advice I gave (I called a “linkage” or something to that effect), which was actually pretty solid.

Not knowing exact terminology doesn’t change an understanding of process – which I’d argue is even more important because it’s relatively easy to sort out names, not so much if one doesn’t understand what it is that they’re talking about.

I’m sorry @Philez, when I said “severely reprimanded” it was meant as a joke. Hence the happy mocking emoji I used.

As far as I know, no one punishes anyone here on the forum. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s actually not true – which is why I reacted as I did. I have a personal instance of some needlessly aggressive behavior on the part of an individual so…

It’s not really an issue. Just go to the search bar and type “MTL” - there are loads of posts, so you weren’t on your own with this misconception.

1 Like

… Never thought of doing that search.
Thanks @Elusien

1 Like

Hi @MusicalBox - as it happens I just made a new (flute) video with a very similar text effect! :wink:
The text effect is right at the beginning and at 03:09.

I didn’t steal your method - honest ! (although elements are very similar). :grin:
In fact I did mine with 4 tracks, and I used an exported (then imported) Mp4 of the horizontal line:

Your idea though to put it all on one track is inspirational!
Just before Christmas I started to make a YT tutorial on how do do this effect but I shelved it. Maybe I should re-visit it.

2 Likes

Encore une fois, félicitations pour votre musique.
Votre animation est différente de celle de @Musicalbox . Le sous titre se déplace verticalement au lieu de grossir (zoom). Cela fait partie des astuces de @Musicalbox qui lui permet je pense de n’avoir qu’une seule piste.
La barre est pilotée par SPR, le titre par le masque et ses images clés et le sous titre uniquement par ses images clés

Once again, congratulations for your music.
Your animation is different from that of @Musicalbox . The subtitle moves vertically instead of being magnified (zoom). This is part of the tricks of @Musicalbox which allows it I think to have only one track.
The bar is driven by SPR, the title by its keyframes and the mask and the subtitle only by its keyframes. (I think?)

2 Likes

C’est exactement ce que je pensais. Vous avez raison, j’ai besoin de pistes séparées pour le texte car chacune utilise un masque.

That’s exactly what I thought. You are right, I need separate tracks for the text because each one uses a mask.

MusicalBox, very nice work! Have you posted the file? I am not entirely sure where the “Resources” category is, so haven’t been able to see it there (yet).

1 Like

Click here:

3 Likes

Hi @awake thanks for the nice comment.
I just uploaded the file a couple of minutes ago.
You can get it there : Animated text template #1

3 Likes

@jonray no need to worry, there was nothing to steal really :slight_smile: It’s just a method I experimented with and that I share. I didn’t invent anything and I certainly don’t own it. Everything was already available for anyone to grab.

Your video is amazing by the way. Feels a bit downton-abbey-ish :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow. It’s a gift from heaven. It’s what I needed and could not do. Thank you so much

Thank you again for the amazing template, but when I try using it with 25fps ( or 50fps) it comes out choppy and not smooth. Even by changing it to my frame rate, it still is choppy. Would it be too much to ask if you could create one for 25fps? it would be great.
Thank you so much

1 Like

I updated the download link. The new ZIP file contains 25fps and a 30fps templates.
I tested the new 25fps one and it works fine on my computer. Let me know if you still have problems.

By the way, the size of the project is important also. These templates should be used on 1920x1080 projects.

1 Like

Thank you so very much. You are a life saver. So generous.

1 Like

Hi @musicalbox, I just got round to looking properly at your new version. What a great idea to include 25 and 30fps versions! And may I say your PDF instructions are immaculately presented. Congratulations. A standard to aspire to!! I appreciate the Shotcut-themed design of the graphics, and the effort you put into it. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @jonray ! That means a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.