Multi audio track editing

I some times make screen recordings of games with multiple audio tracks using OBS, where track 1 is game audio and microphone input mixed together, and track 2 is game audio only, and track 3 microphone input only.

This makes it posible to remix game audio and microphone tracks, if for example the microphone levels are to low, or you want to mute your microphone to remove a noise.

But in shotcut a video track is linked to its audio track, and only one can be selected, being able to expand video with multi audio tracks would be a nice feature.

This is already available. You just need to add some audio tracks, add the same clip to one of the new audio tracks, and for that clip choose the audio track using Properties > Audio > Track.

1 Like

I have tried that, and it works, however i would like to see the wave forms of BOTH audio tracks in their respective tracks but only the first track wave form shows on both tracks.
Hope i have explained it right :slight_smile:
The reason to see thewave form on the second track is for cutting/muting reasons

2 Likes

Im having the same problem, I would like to know how to see the audio waveform for the 2nd and 3rd audio channels i have selected

Yes, what about when I would like to see the wave forms of BOTH audio tracks in their respective tracks but only the first track wave form shows on both tracks. The reason to see the wave form on the second track is for cutting/muting reasons

Same. I record mp4 footage with two audio tracks but only ever see one waveform on both when I go to edit them separately.