Movie Credits - A demo of what my next tutorial will be about

A demo that gives an idea of what the Shotcut tutorial I’m currently working on will be about.

The first part will show how to use Shotcut’s Text: Rich filter to create good looking movie credits.

But the main part will be about creating more professional looking movie credits in Shotcut with help from image editing softwares like Photoshop or Gimp. These tools allows you to apply effects like drop shadows to the text. They also make it very easy to arrange your lists of actors, characters and crew members names in neat columns, and to insert images in the credits.

Since I never meet my promised deadlines, I won’t try to predict a precise release date for the tutorial. But I imagine that it shouldn’t take more than a couple of weeks. :roll_eyes: :thinking:

13 Likes

That looks like a good movie!

2 Likes

It will be. All I need to do now is convince all these people, even the dead ones, to be in it.

3 Likes

They do great things with deepfakes nowadays. Maybe I should employ 2 minute end credits to my fishing videos.

3 Likes

I saw, among other things, the thing about the bird that wakes you up.
As soon as the warm weather returns, the swallows’ nests start to fill up again. When the swallows leave, squatters come (the sparrows).
The chicks of both are very noisy at feeding time and wake me up around 4 or 5 in the morning.
will you then also explain something about DTS?will there be special and space effects (James T. Kirk, interplanetary Laws)?
And the title of the film is?
I can’t wait to see that tutorial. A good appetizer always whets the appetite for something else.

1 Like

“COPYWRONG 2021 MB …”

MDR :rofl:

1 Like

@ejmillan hahaha so many questions. Too much information will spoil your appetite my friend :smiley:
Thanks for the comment.

1 Like

@Namna :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Looking forward to the tutorial @MusicalBox. Always interested to see the use of GIMP (or photoshop) alongside SC.

As a side issue, imagine the box office ticket receipts for one movie with all of those stars in it.

1 Like

Thanks for the comment @Andy_M. Since you mention it, I’ll take this opportunity to mention that this will not be a tutorial about Gimp (or Photoshop). I will show what to do with the image editors and give tips, but I wont go into details about things like how to use layers, set font sizes or apply shadows for example. There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube covering those subjects.

I’m hoping they’ll all agree to work for free :wink:

sorry I meant it would be good to see how GIMP is used with SC (for ideas etc) not how GIMP is used as I’m more than comfortable with it. Thanks for clearing it up anyway.

Let’s hope they agree to work for free too!

1 Like

Yep, that’s how I understood it. I just wanted to specify that point so no one thinks they’ll get detailed step by step Gimp or Photoshop instructions.

2 Likes

This looks amazing. Great job @MusicalBox!

1 Like

Thank you @stgtravels!

Must subscribe to @MusicalBox’s channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXVEyglOT1agKXUaQzw09_w

1 Like

Wow! Thanks Ben !

1 Like

WOW, this is really good.
I really want to watch the tutorial when it’s out.

Thanks to … “The guy who invented the sewer system” … :rofl: :rofl: well, that cracked me up !
@musicalbox, those credits are INSANELY classy!
Can’t wait for the tutorial. Get a move on with it… stop eating for a week and other distractions… :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks for the nice comments @gist and @jonray !

The tutorial is on the workbench but I still can’t give a release date. The second part (where I show how to use Photoshop or Gimp) will be relatively easy. Surprisingly, the hard work is writing the Text: Rich part of the tutorial. I spent my free time in the past 3 days creating an HTML template that can be imported in the filter. Making tables work is not easy. It involves a lot of trial and error.
But I think you will be pleased with the result.

2 Likes

I’m salivating in anticipation. :laughing: