Magnifier

Can you add a filter were you select an area were you want to magnify in a shape or something like that?

Your description is poor, but surely it is implemented in one of:

• playerā€™s zoom button
  • Size, Position & Rotate video filter
  • View > Scopes > Video Zoom

I agree with @shotcut, what you ask is not very clear.
But Iā€™m guessing that maybe you need something like this ?

If so, itā€™s pretty simple to do, without a dedicated filter

1. Same media file on two separate tracks
  2. On the clip in the upper track, first apply a Size, Position & Rotate filter and zoom at around 140%
  3. On the same clip, apply a Mask: Simple Shape filter with an Ellipse shape. Move it around with keyframes.

1 Like

@MusicalBox I bet you are correct. Here is another way to accomplish it without duplicating clips across multiple tracks

1 Like

Yes, this is a better way. I often forget to use Mask: Apply

1 Like

I gave this magnifier effect a second look and I think it needs a bit more work to be realistic.
The Size, Position & Rotate filter also need keyframes.
When the magnifier is in a corner of the image, what it magnifies doesnā€™t fit with itā€™s position.
So SP&R needs to compensate for the movement of the loupe.
Hereā€™s an example of what I mean. First part without keyframes, last part with keyframes:

Il y avait bien le fameux ā€œSniperScopeā€ de @Elusien mais il faut revenir Ć  une ancienne version de Shotcut

There was the famous ā€œSniperScopeā€ from @Elusien but we have to go back to an old version of Shotcut

https://streamable.com/ovmpvz

Not every effect can be accomplished with one very specific filter. Be imaginative and combine some filters.

See here too: