Keyframes: Timeline corrupted

Hi,

and this:

:slight_smile:

Best regards
Earlybite

How is it corrupted?

The timeline isn’t as long as the video part?
I had this noticed also with my previous video…

Have you tried zooming in on the keyframe timeline?

No. Do I had to?

And that is the main reason…:

You cannot get to the “real” end.

Try it.

In case of that what the previous pic represents, no, it is not possible. In that case is the max that “timeline line” stands. And as you can notice, I already had better circumstances. :slight_smile:
No, that what you can see in the previous pic is the max what is possible…

And to complete it:

Only switching from timeline to keyframe…

-------------- EDIT: -----------------------
I’d resized that video part with that existing keyframe…

No, it’s not the max. You can zoom way more in. Look right above the keyframe timeline and you will see two magnifying glass icons with a bar in between them. The one on the left has a - sign and the one on the right has a + sign. These are the same as the ones right above the regular timeline. Click on them to zoom in and out.

You mean something like that? :slight_smile:

Have a look to the right and different length of that dark borders over and under that video part. Yes, exactly sir, after resizing with existing keyframe … :slight_smile:

Yes. :slight_smile:

Yes which wasn’t noticeable with your first pictures. I’ve noticed this myself before when resizing. But you used the word “corrupted” which makes it sound much more serious. Perhaps that can be fixed so that the black borders also extend but it’s not something that would be called “corrupted”. Do keyframes still work for you with Rotate & Scale when you extend the clip?

Okay so after testing a little bit more there seems to be a similar although not exact bug with Rotate and Scale as is with Size and Position and Text: Simple which I noted as #2 in my V19.08 beta report: https://forum.shotcut.org/t/v19-08-beta-now-available/12358/3

The situation with Rotate and Scale is that if you have keyframes in a clip then decide to extend that clip, even if you add more keyframes in that newly extended section those keyframes will not be acknowledged. When this is done with Size and Position/Text: Simple, the object just disappears in the newly extended section with keyframes but with Rotate and Scale (and possibly other filters) simply nothing will happen.

Here another “example”…
Video part with existing 'Size/Pos" filter and after resizing (and only switching from timeline to keyframe):

And there is no chance in keyframe to get to end of that video part…

Here I resized that video part inside the keyframe…

And this is how looks after switching to timeline:

You can notice, that the length of that video part in the timeline hasn’t changed…, though I had resized that video part in the keyframes.

-------------------- EDIT: -----------------------------------
BTW: That is the result while playback that video part with no size changing<!>:

When can this be fixed? PLEASE! :slight_smile:

Yes, it is a bug, but the simple workaround for this is until I fix it: after trimming in Timeline, select something else (or press Ctrl+D to deselect), and then re-select the clip.

This is fixed for the next version 19.09.

Does that fix cover these two issues:

When this is done with Size and Position/Text: Simple, the object just disappears in the newly extended section with keyframes but with Rotate and Scale (and possibly other filters) simply nothing will happen.

Yes

Thank you, thank you, thank you.! :smile: Thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.