"Jugglers" animated colour text title - a possible forum challenge

I just tried the Gradient filter in v20.07.11 and could only choose 2 colours. How do you get more?

Je viens d’essayer le filtre Dégradé dans la v20.07.11 et je ne pouvais choisir que 2 couleurs. Comment en obtenir plus ?

Glaxnimate allows you to animate the gradient strip in X and Y, getting some pretty fun animations. But on my potato laptop it works very slowly)

1 Like

Dans le dossier filtres il y a un filtre nommé “Rectangle”.
Mais peut-être que dans son fichier meta le paramètre “Hidden” est sur true.

In the filters folder there is a filter named “Rectangle”.
But maybe in its meta file the parameter “Hidden” is set to true.

@Namna , @MusicalBox , @Elusien , @dimadjdocent and @Austin - OK, time to show my tutorial of how I did it. However, having seen all your fantastic efforts, I now realise my method is laughably complex, and I feel a little embarrassed!!! :smile:
Anyway I hope it gives you some entertainment!! :rofl:

Since you are all experienced Shotcutters, I sped up the action a LOT!. Hope you can follow… even if not, I’ve given you some lovely Clementi piano music to listen to…

Many thanks to all who contributed to this challenge. Look forward to seeing @namna and @musicalbox’s MLTs!

Ah yes! I thought you were talking about the “Gradient” filter, but I can see the “Rectangle” filter in the filters folder for v20.07.11, but it is set to “isHidden: true” since it used WebVfx. Thanks for the information.

Ah oui! Je pensais que vous parliez du filtre “Gradient”, mais je peux voir le filtre “Rectangle” dans le dossier des filtres pour la v20.07.11, mais il est défini sur “isHidden : true” car il utilise WebVfx. Merci pour l’information.

By experimenting with the built-in filters, I got some interesting animations without using glaxnimate.

3 Likes

It is a bit complicated, yes, but elegant :slight_smile:

Here’s mine. I removed the 45° rotation on the effect from my original effort to make it look more like your own animation @jonray

The files: jugular-animation.zip (1.1 MB)

• Red clip on V1
    • No filter
  • Yellow clip on V2. This is the yellow gradient created with the Mask: Simple Shape filter.
    • Mask: Simple shape. With keyframes (see screen capture) on the Horizontal parameter to repeatedly move it from left to right.
  • Blue clip on V3 (replace it with the background video or image)
    • Text: Simple filter used to create a mask for the Mask: From File filter. I left the text filter active for the outline to be visible.
    • Mask: From File filter used to cut the text from the background image/video
  • Fade-in + Fade-out filters on the Output. Applies the fades to all layers.

2 Likes

The advantage of your method @jonray is that you can easily add the zoom-in effect to the entire thing with only one SP&R filter. With my method, I’d probably need to add the SP&R on 2 tracks.

Wow, that’s pretty amazing! Well done and thank you. What exact filters did you use for that?

Brilliant! Dammit, I never thought of creating the gradient with the mask:simple shape. ingenious! Thanks!

Granted, but you could always just mixdown your final result as an Mp4 and re-import, then zoom, and apply a chroma-key, like I did. So your method is still better than mine :laughing: :wink:

1 Like

V1 - nothing
V2 - Mask from file, 360: Transform
V3 - Text simple, Chroma Key Simple

Gradient.zip (1.6 KB)

3 Likes

Je viens de rentrer à la maison mais il est un peu tard. Je posterai demain ma première solution, mais je pense que c’est la même que @MusicalBox sauf V3 où j’ai mis un filtre simple texte suivi d’un chroma key.

I just got home but it’s a little late. I’ll post my first solution tomorrow, but I think it’s the same as @MusicalBox except V3 where I put a simple text filter followed by a chroma key.

1 Like

Wow again, that combination gives a real nice effect. Inspiring stuff! Bravo.

(Gradient animated effect)

1 Like

Voilà mon fichier mlt.
Par rapport à celui de @MusicalBox qui est très proche, j’ai 2 filtres Mask: Simple Shape sur V2 ce qui permet d’avoir 2 fois le dégradé sur la longueur du texte. Le texte sur V3 est aussi traité différemment, j’ai utilisé un Chroma key simple

Here is my mlt file.
Compared to @MusicalBox which is very close, I have 2 Mask filters: Simple Shape on V2 which allows to have 2 times the gradient on the length of the text. The text on V3 is also treated differently, I used a simple Chroma key

Jongleur V22.mlt.zip (2.3 KB)

(Utilisez les fichiers vidéo et audio du premier message de @jonray )

(Use the video and audio files of @jonray’s first message)

1 Like

J’aime bien l’astuce d’utiliser un fichier prévu pour les transitions ainsi que les filtres 360.
Bravo, il fallait y penser.

I like the trick of using a file for transitions and 360 filters.
Bravo, you should have thought of that. :+1:

I prefer your method. I should have thought of that. It avoids having to create a mask file.

Je préfère votre méthode. J’aurais dû y penser. Cela évite d’avoir à créer un fichier masque.

I’m seriously impressed with the knowledge, skill and ingenuity of people in this forum. It’s also massively useful to see how you make the effects work, each having their own different take on it.
I also really like the idea of a fun challenge for those willing to try, especially when you share the MLT files so show less skilled like me how you do things. I’d definitely be interested in seeing other challenges! Keep up the excellent work all :clap:

1 Like

Hi @namna - (sorry for the late reply, I got held up yesterday…) - thank you for the MLT. Interesting that yourself and @musicalbox came up with a nearly identical solution.

@Namna , @MusicalBox , @elusien, @dimadjdocent - THANK YOU for participating in this “challenge”! I really enjoyed it and appreciated your input. I learned a lot, too. Mainly that my approach was very long-winded and that there were easier ways of doing things, LOL! :wink:

About the prize money - regretfully I have decided I cannot go so far as to sell my house to fund the challenge. How about some free software though? I can send you a link to some great FREE software. It’s a really cool video editor called Shotcut. Sent with my thanks… :+1: :+1: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Amen to that and thank you @Andy_M .

Good idea. If I can think of another and get some time I will try to drum up another some time.

Salut @namna - (désolé pour la réponse tardive, j’ai été retenu hier…) - merci pour le MLT. Il est intéressant que vous-même et @musicalbox ayez trouvé une solution presque identique.

@Namna , @MusicalBox , @elusien, @dimadjdocent - MERCI d’avoir participé à ce “challenge” ! J’ai vraiment apprécié et j’ai apprécié votre contribution. J’ai beaucoup appris aussi. Principalement que mon approche était très longue et qu’il y avait des façons plus simples de faire les choses, LOL !

À propos du prix en argent - malheureusement, j’ai décidé que je ne pouvais pas aller jusqu’à vendre ma maison pour financer le défi. Que diriez-vous d’un logiciel gratuit? Je peux vous envoyer un lien vers un excellent logiciel GRATUIT. C’est un éditeur vidéo vraiment cool appelé Shotcut. Envoyé avec mes remerciements…

2 Likes

I also like the idea of recurring challenges.

I posted another one here :

If this becomes popular, maybe @Hudson555x’s idea to create a Challenge category on the forum could be implemented ?

2 Likes

Mysterious!! But excellent. I notice you put the background on V3!! I worked upside-down to you…. .

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.